DUS Dusseldorf Airport Info & Guide
Where is Dusseldorf Airport?
Düsseldorf is an international business and financial centre, set on the River Rhine. Renowned for its fashion and trade fairs, Messe Düsseldorf hosts a fifth of the world‘s premier trade shows. The city also has a lively nightlife.
Düsseldorf International Airport (IATA: DUS, ICAO: EDDL), or simply Düsseldorf Airport, about 7 kilometres (4.3 miles) north of downtown Düsseldorf, state capital of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
In 2012, Düsseldorf Airport served 20,833,246 passengers, making it the 20th busiest airport in the European Union, and the 3rd busiest in Germany. Not to be confused with the ill-nicknamed Dusseldorf Weeze Airport (NRN), used by low cost carriers and located 70 kilometres away.
DUS serves as a hub for Air Berlin and Lufthansa. Other airlines that fly to Dusseldorf Airport include Aegean Airlines, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air Cairo, Air China, Air France, American Airlines, British Airways, Condor, Delta Air Lines, EasyJet, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Germania, Germanwings, Hahn Air, Hamburg Airways, KLM, Pegasus Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, TAP Portugal, TUIfly, Turkish Airlines, Vueling and WOW Air.
Cities with flights to Dusseldorf Airport include Abu Dhabi, Athens, Barbados, Barcelona, Beijing, Beirut, Cancun, Chicago, Copenhagen, Dubai, Fort Myers, Istanbul, Larnaca, Lisbon, London, Los Angeles, Luxor, Marrakech, Miami, Moscow, New York, Paris, Punta Cana, Reykjavik, Rhodes, Rome, Split, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Tripoli, Warsaw and Zürich, to name just a few.
Your best bet for a Düsseldorf Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Düsseldorf Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Dusseldorf Airport
Services at Dusseldorf Airport include:
- Mobile website
- Observation deck - Terminal B
- Late night check-in (some airlines) - check you luggage the evening before
- 2 flight simulators (available for public bookings!)
- Luggage storage
Refreshingly, sleeping in the airport is not frowned upon. McDonald’s in Arrivals and the b2b-café on the Departures level are both open round the clock.
Official DUS Dusseldorf Airport Website Links
Official DUS Dusseldorf Airport Twitter Feed
More Dusseldorf Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Dusseldorf Airport Information
- Dusseldorf Airport Distance to City Centre
- Dusseldorf Airport Currency Exchange
- Dusseldorf Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Dusseldorf Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Dusseldorf Airport Maps
- Dusseldorf Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Dusseldorf Airport Taxi Service
- Dusseldorf Airport Onsite Hotels
- Dusseldorf Airport Private Transfer Services
- Dusseldorf Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Dusseldorf Airport Location & Address
- Dusseldorf Airport Train & Subway
- Dusseldorf Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Dusseldorf Airport Shuttle
- Dusseldorf Airport Buses & Coaches
- Dusseldorf Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Dusseldorf Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Dusseldorf Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Dusseldorf Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Dusseldorf Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DUS Dusseldorf Airport
- Dusseldorf Airport Services & Amenities