Other Items of Interest at Grand Rapids Airport
Grand Rapids Airport services include:
- 2 business centres
- 6 meeting rooms (capacity from 6-50)
- Visitor Information Desk (09:00-22:00, 7 days a week)
- Kids Port playroom and online activities
There is good planespotting at Grand Rapids Airport:
- Observation Deck (mezzanine level of terminal) - relatively unobstructed view of the ramp area and runways 8R and 26L
- Viewing Area (on Kraft Avenue, north of 52nd Street) - includes picnic tables, a portable toilet and rebroadcasts of air traffic controllers, pilots and GRR airfield staff on 1650 AM
Disabled Facilities at the GRR Grand Rapids Airport
Guide dogs and other assistance animals are welcome in all public areas of the passenger terminal building. Please be advised that assistance animals are required to be screened when entering the sterile area of the terminal.
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Transportation Air Carrier Access Act Rule, the airport provides an animal relief area for service animals that accompany passengers at the airport. This wheelchair-accessible area is located at the west end of the terminal curb front, and provides Mutt Mitts, trash receptacles, and benches. GFIA customers with pets are free to access the designated Animal Relief Area as well.
Handicap parking is available in all Grand Rapid airport parking lots. Complimentary Grand Rapid airport parking shuttles, which service the economy parking lot, are wheelchair lift equipped. For those patrons parking in the garage, elevators are available to the skybridge both in the garage and in the passenger terminal facility.
T-Coil Loop Paging System
On the concourses, our paging system is available to patrons who use T-Coil compatible assistive hearing devices. This service is available after passing through the passenger security screening checkpoint(s).
TDD Telephone Devices
TDD hearing impaired telephone devices are available in Concourses A and B and the main hall at the top of the ramp to Concourse A. Also, a TDD hearing impaired telephone device is provided at our Ground Transportation Phone Board located across from baggage claim.
Individual airlines have wheelchairs available and airline personnel will be happy to assist passengers with boarding and exiting the aircraft. It is best to arrange for wheelchair assistance when booking your flight. However, to request wheelchair assistance when you arrive at the airport, you can go to your airline's ticket counter or to the Visitor Information Desk in the baggage claim area, or you can request a page for a skycap and wheelchair assistance from a curb front security officer.
An elevator is available on the north side of the main hall for those who would like to visit the observation deck on our mezzanine level.
Designated handicap parking is available throughout all airport parking facilities and surface lots.
Complimentary airport parking shuttles which service the economy lot are wheelchair lift equipped, and skycaps are available at the terminal curbside. If a skycap is not readily available, one of the curb front security officers will one have one paged for you.
Travel Tips & Articles You Might Like
More Grand Rapids Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Grand Rapids Airport Information
- Grand Rapids Airport Distance to City Centre
- Grand Rapids Airport Currency Exchange
- Grand Rapids Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Grand Rapids Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Grand Rapids Airport Maps
- Grand Rapids Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Grand Rapids Airport Taxi Service
- Grand Rapids Airport Onsite Hotels
- Grand Rapids Airport Private Transfer Services
- Grand Rapids Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Grand Rapids Airport Location & Address
- Grand Rapids Airport Train & Subway
- Grand Rapids Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Grand Rapids Airport Shuttle
- Grand Rapids Airport Buses & Coaches
- Grand Rapids Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Grand Rapids Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Grand Rapids Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Grand Rapids Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Grand Rapids Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to GRR Grand Rapids Airport
- Grand Rapids Airport Services & Amenities