Other Items of Interest at Frankfurt Hahn Airport
Frankfurt Hahn Airport offers advanced bag drop off: You can drop off your luggage, in the evening, between 18:00 and 20:00, if you have a flight leaving the following morning before 10:00. A EUR 3 fee applies per bag. You need to check-in first online.
There are two luggage lockers available on the parking area P1 - directly in front of the passenger terminal. Fee varies by size but is under EUR 5/bag/day, for a maximum of 28 days. Have small change ready because the machine doesn´t make change.
Frankfurt Hahn Airport also offers:
- Duty free
- Hair Stylist
- Tourist Information
- Travel Agencies
- McDonald's - Hall A
- Coffee Fellows
Disabled Facilities at the HHN Frankfurt Hahn Airport
People with reduced mobility will be interested to know that HHN Frankfurt Hahn Airport is an airport with very short distances; the complete facility is on 2 levels and no steps or stairs need to be used for departing or arriving.
Planning your journey
If you are disabled or experience reduced mobility and need assistance at the airport, it is mandatory to inform your airline of your particular needs not later than 48 hours prior to departure, ideally giving as much information as possible for both your outbound and return flights. This will enable airport staff to provide you the required assistance.
Before leaving home, we recommend to acquaint yourself with the respective airline’s terms and conditions concerning the transportation of mobility equipment, medical equipment etc.
Arrival at the airport
The Frankfurt busstop, the P4a bus shuttle station and the taxistand are located in front of the terminal.
All other buses will stop at the bus station which is located about 200 metres away from the terminal. From there you may use our free shuttle service to our terminal. It departs from bus stop no. 10 around every 20 minutes.
Designated parking spaces for disabled passengers are on the first floor of the parking deck which is located in front of the terminal. Upon presenting your EU parking document implying aG, BL or H together with your booking reservation parking is free of charge. Please present your car park ticket at the information desk.
All other passengers with reduced mobility will find designated parking spaces on our long-term parking P4a next to the shuttle bus stop. Regular P4 fees will be charged. The parking shuttle bus drives every 20 minutes to the terminal and is free of charge.
In the Terminal
- If you need a wheelchair temporarily, please inform our service staff at the information counter.
- There are designated seats in the terminal for passengers who need special assistance: In each check-in area, in each gate and in the public area of the arrival hall.
- Several toilets which are handicapped accessible are located in the terminal area.
- Security is our top concern. Most probably, wheelchairs will activate the metal detector when passing the security check. Additionally, a security assistant will check the passenger him-/herself as well as the wheelchair again with a handheld detector. An individual check separated from the public area is possible if desired. Security controls are subject to supervision of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate. Security controls are carried out by a government authorized security company.
- Before commencing your travel, please check with your airline their special terms and conditions regarding guide dogs. Furthermore, it is advisable to contact corresponding public authorities in your destination country in order to inform you about special regulations for the import of animals.
- The Help Point at the airport is the information desk in the terminal. Please inform our staff that you require assistance and if you have pre-booked support or not. You will be provided with assistance from that point onwards.
- Additionally, our staff members are appropriately trained to help. So we would encourage you to get in contact with them if you have any questions or if you require any further help.
Upon arrival of your flight
If special assistance is required you will be accompanied from the aircraft via arrival area including pass-control and baggage claim to the place of your onward journey (cash machine, car-park, shuttle-bus station, bus station to Frankfurt).
Remember to inform your airline of your requirements well in advance of your scheduled departure (most airlines suggest 48 hours). It is always advisable for disabled travellers to inquire about any special requirements prior to arriving at Frankfurt Hahn Airport.
Travel Tips & Articles You Might Like
More Frankfurt Hahn Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Information
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Distance to City Centre
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Currency Exchange
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Maps
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Taxi Service
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Onsite Hotels
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Private Transfer Services
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Location & Address
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Train & Subway
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Shuttle
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Buses & Coaches
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to HHN Frankfurt Hahn Airport
- Frankfurt Hahn Airport Services & Amenities