JTR Santorini Airport Info & Guide
Where is Santorini Airport?
Santorini is famous for breathtaking views, stunning sunsets, fantastic natural beaches (in white, red and black!) and its very own active volcano. Santorini is, essentially, the remains of an enormous volcanic explosion, creating the current geological caldera.
Santorini International Airport (IATA: JTR, ICAO: LGSR), also referred to as Santorini National Airport, Santorini Thira National Airport, Thira Airport, Kamari Airport, or simply Santorini Airport, is located just north of the village of Kamari, on Santorini Island, in the South Agean region, Greece. Santorini Airport is located about 6 kimometres (3.7 miles) southeast of downtown Thira.
Santorini is one of the few Cyclades Islands with a major airport. Santorini Airport is shared with the military.
In 2015, Santorini Airport served 1,495,890 passengers.
Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air provide year-round service to Santorini Airport from Athens.
Airlines that fly to Santorini Airport on a seasonal basis include Alitalia, Arkia Israel Airlines, Astra Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Blu-express, Condor, Cyprus Airways, easyJet, Edelweiss Air, Germanwings, Jet Time, Meridiana Fly, Niki, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Novair, Sky Work Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Sky Express, Strategic Airlines, Sun d'Or International Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, TAROM, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways, Transavia.com, Volotea and Vueling.
Cities with seasonal flights to Santorini Airport include Amsterdam, Bari, Bergen, Bern, Bilbao, Birmingham, Bucharest, Cologne/Bonn, Copenhagen, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Graz, Hamburg, Heraklion, Munich, Larnaca, Linz, London, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Mykonos, Naples, Oslo, Palermo, Paris, Rhodes, Rome, Stavanger, Tel Aviv, Thessaloniki, Trondheim, Venice, Verona, Vienna and Zürich.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Santorini Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Santorini Airport
Santorini Airport has an upper terrace where you can watch the planes as they come and go, and enjoy the sun.
Services at Santorini Airport include:
- Duty free
- Jewellry shop
- Travel agents
Official JTR Santorini Airport Website Links
More Santorini Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Santorini Airport Information
- Santorini Airport Distance to City Centre
- Santorini Airport Currency Exchange
- Santorini Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Santorini Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Santorini Airport Maps
- Santorini Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Santorini Airport Taxi Service
- Santorini Airport Onsite Hotels
- Santorini Airport Private Transfer Services
- Santorini Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Santorini Airport Location & Address
- Santorini Airport Train & Subway
- Santorini Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Santorini Airport Shuttle
- Santorini Airport Buses & Coaches
- Santorini Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Santorini Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Santorini Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Santorini Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Santorini Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to JTR Santorini Airport
- Santorini Airport Services & Amenities