Official Kathmandu Airport Taxi Service
Official Kathmandu Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Kathmandu Airport taxi service.
Taxis in general are a little bit scary for someone who is not used to how Nepali's drive. The cars are small and generally run down and the drivers go like bats out of hell! Just hold on and you will get to your destination.(Read More about Official Kathmandu Airport Taxis Below)
Official Kathmandu Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
- Pre-paid Taxis:
- Pre-paid taxi to Thamel (hotel area): NPR 800
Regular (Unofficial) Taxis:
- To the city: NPR 200-250
- To Thamel: about NPR 400
- To Patan: about NPR 800-1000
- To Boudah: about NPR 400
Nepal is not a tipping culture.:
Official Kathmandu Airport Taxi Details
Kathmandu Airport taxi photo
For Kathmandu Airport taxi services, you have a choice between pre-paid official taxis, and regular (unofficial) taxis.
If you take a pre-paid taxi from Kathmandu Airport, you can relax, knowing what the fare will be, although you will pay more.
Buy your pre-paid taxi voucher inside the terminal, to your right, just after you pick up your luggage.
Tip: in this same area, you can buy a NCell SIM card.
- Advice on dealing with Kathmandu Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Kathmandu Airport taxi drivers.
Private Kathmandu Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Kathmandu Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
Hailing a taxi on the street outside the Kathmandu Airport will be cheaper but, be warned, taxi drivers may try to overcharge tourists. Insist on paying no more than NPR 250 by day and NPR 300 at night.
It is possible to get cheaper taxis by walking away from the terminal to the main road.
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the unofficial Kathmandu Airport taxi service.
Taxi drivers will always try to rip you off. Always make sure that you agree on a price before you get in NOT when you arrive. If it is too expensive, get out and find another taxi.
Kathmandu Airport Taxi Scams
Always negotiate the price beforehand with the taxi driver. Due to recent skyrocketing fuel costs, drivers of metered taxis will generally refuse to use the meter. If you take a taxi from the airport, be prepared to negotiate heavily.
When booking a prepaid taxi, don't give the receipt to the driver until you are at your destination and you are satisfied, as this serves as the driver's payment. If the driver asks for more money, don't give it.
Be aware that there are people at the airport who will offer to carry your bags, but not with being generously tipped.
More Kathmandu Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Kathmandu Airport Information
- Kathmandu Airport Distance to City Centre
- Kathmandu Airport Currency Exchange
- Kathmandu Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Kathmandu Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Kathmandu Airport Maps
- Kathmandu Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Kathmandu Airport Taxi Service
- Kathmandu Airport Onsite Hotels
- Kathmandu Airport Private Transfer Services
- Kathmandu Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Kathmandu Airport Location & Address
- Kathmandu Airport Train & Subway
- Kathmandu Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Kathmandu Airport Shuttle
- Kathmandu Airport Buses & Coaches
- Kathmandu Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Kathmandu Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Kathmandu Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Kathmandu Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Kathmandu Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to KTM Kathmandu Airport
- Kathmandu Airport Services & Amenities