LAX Los Angeles Airport Info & Guide
Where is Los Angeles Airport?
The home of Hollywood, Los Angeles is the worldwide centre of the recording, television and motion picture industries. It is also an important center of media, business and international trade.
Surrounded by mountains, forests and beaches, and some of the world's best attractions, its no wonder LA attracts visitors far and wide.
Los Angeles International Airport (IATA: LAX, ICAO: KLAX, FAA LID: LAX), also known as Los Angeles Airport, LAX Airport - or simply LAX - is located in the neighborhood of Westchester, 26 kilometres (16 miles) southwest of downtown Los Angeles, California, United States.
LAX has nine passenger terminals arranged in a "U shape", or "horseshoe". The terminals are numbered 1 through 8; the 9th terminal is named Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT). See Moving Between LAX Terminals for practical tips.
In 2012, LAX served 63,688,121 passengers, making it the 6th busiest airport in the world.
LAX is a hub for Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Horizon Air and United Airlines. It is also a focus city for Air New Zealand, Allegiant Air, Qantas, Southwest Airlines, Virgin America and Volaris. Many other airlines fly to LAX, including Air Canada, Air France, British Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, Westjet, to name just a few.
Many cities worldwide have flights to LAX, including Amsterdam, Bangkok, Beijing, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur, Lima, London, Moscow, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo and Toronto, as well as numerous domestic cities.
Your best bet for a LAX Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Los Angeles Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
About airports in the Los Angeles area
The Greater Los Angeles region relies on a multiple airport system because of its vast size. Many of the area's most popular attractions are closest to alternative airports.
--> Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the region's primary airport
--> Burbank Airport (BUR) is closest to Hollywood and Griffith Park
--> Orange County Airport (SNA) is closest to Disneyland, Honda Center and Angel Stadium
--> Long Beach Airport (LGB) is closest to Palos Verdes and Huntington Beach
--> LA/Ontario International Airport (ONT) is closest to Riverside and San Bernardino
--> Tip: LAX flights diverted due to weather usually land at ONT
Official LAX Los Angeles Airport Website Links
Official LAX Los Angeles Airport Twitter Feed
More Los Angeles Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Los Angeles Airport Information
- Los Angeles Airport Distance to City Centre
- Los Angeles Airport Currency Exchange
- Los Angeles Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Los Angeles Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Los Angeles Airport Maps
- Los Angeles Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Los Angeles Airport Taxi Service
- Los Angeles Airport Onsite Hotels
- Los Angeles Airport Private Transfer Services
- Los Angeles Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Los Angeles Airport Location & Address
- Los Angeles Airport Train & Subway
- Los Angeles Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Los Angeles Airport Shuttle
- Los Angeles Airport Buses & Coaches
- Los Angeles Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Los Angeles Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Los Angeles Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Los Angeles Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Los Angeles Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to LAX Los Angeles Airport
- Los Angeles Airport Services & Amenities