UIO Quito Airport Info & Guide
Where is Quito Airport?
Quito has one of the best-preserved historic centres in the Americas, and it was the 2nd UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites ever declared (the 1st was Krakow).
Quito's city limits come within 1 kilometre (0.62 mile) of the equator, or "la mitad del mundo" (the middle of the world); downtown Quito is just 25 kilometres (16 miles) south of zero latitude. Ecuador is Spanish for equator, and, yes, there is a marker you can visit.
Quito International Airport (IATA: UIO, ICAO: SEQU), officially Mariscal Sucre International Airport, also referred to as Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Sucre Airport or simply Quito Airport, is situated in Tababela parish, 20 kilometres (12 miles) northeast of central Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador. The new Quito airport, opened in 2013, is named after Antonio José de Sucre, a hero of Ecuadorian independence.
Quito Airport served 6,010,00 passengers in 2013, making it the busiest airport in Ecuador, ane one of the busiest in South America.
Airlines that fly to Quito Airport include AeroGal, American Airlines, Avianca, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Iberia, KLM, Lacsa, LAN Airlines, SAEREO, TACA Airlines, TAME and United Airlines.
There are flights to Quito Airport from Amsterdam, Atlanta, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Colombia, Curaçao, Caracas, Esmeraldas, Havana, Houston, Lima, Madrid, Medellin, Miami, Montego Bay, Panama City, São Paulo, San Cristóbal, San Salvador, Santiago de Chile and Varadero, among many others.
Your best bet for a new Quito Airport transfer is the shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Quito Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.com.
Other Items of Interest at Quito Airport
Be aware that due to traffic and roads, the travel time between Quito and Quito Airport takes 60-90 minutes, possibly more. Locals recommend you allow 2 hours. Combined with a recommended check-in time of 3 hours for international flights, that's 5 hours.
Quito Airport services include:
- Duty free shopping
- Internet cafes
- Left luggage facilities
- Tourist information
Official UIO Quito Airport Website Links
More Quito Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Quito Airport Information
- Quito Airport Distance to City Centre
- Quito Airport Currency Exchange
- Quito Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Quito Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Quito Airport Maps
- Quito Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Quito Airport Taxi Service
- Quito Airport Onsite Hotels
- Quito Airport Private Transfer Services
- Quito Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Quito Airport Location & Address
- Quito Airport Train & Subway
- Quito Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Quito Airport Shuttle
- Quito Airport Buses & Coaches
- Quito Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Quito Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Quito Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Quito Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Quito Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to UIO Quito Airport
- Quito Airport Services & Amenities