ZRH Zürich Airport Train Services
Zürich Airport Train Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Zürich Airport train service.
You can either buy a 1-way ticket valid for 2 hours, or a 24-hour Welcome Ticket ("Tageskarte"), valid on trains, trams and buses in Zurich, including the airport region. As a 24-hour ticket is only twice the single ticket cost, it's a very good deal.
Buy your ticket before boarding, as no tickets are sold on trains, trams or buses. To buy a 24-hour ticket, press the red "Stadt Zürich" button on the ticket machine (coins and CHF 20 bills accepted), or go to the ticket office located on the lower shopping level.
Zürich Airport Train Rates & Fares
Fares for the train from Zurich Airport to the main station in Zürich are:
|1st Class||CHF 9.80|
|2nd Class||CHF 6|
|Welcome 24 hour ticket||CHF 10.80|
You can buy a Welcome Ticket, which allows includes travel to or from the Zürich Airport, and unlimited travel within Zürich city for a day.
Zürich Airport Train Details
Zürich Airport train photo
The Zurich Airport train station is located under Check-in area 3.
The train from Zurich Airport departs to the city centre every 10 minutes, from 06:00 to midnight. The journey takes about 10 minutes. Trains operate on lines S2 and S16, and run to the Main Railway station in Zürich.
There are also regular intercity and inter regional trains leaving from the Zürich Airport. Towns served include: Berne, St Gallen, Lucerne, Basel, Lausanne and Geneva.
ZRH Zürich Airport Subway Services
Zürich Airport Subway Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Zürich Airport subway service.
Be sure you have a valid ticket before boarding any train, tram or bus. Buy tickets from vending machines, or at ticket counters at the Zürich Airport. Conductors do check tickets, on a random basis, and fines are CHF 80.
ZRH Zürich Airport Subway Details
Zürich Airport Subway (Metro) photo
The Glattalbahn tram service (No. 10) provides direct connections between the Zürich Airport and the surrounding areas, and Zürich's northern suburbs of Zürich, including Glattpark, Irchel, Milchbuck and Zurich-Oerlikon. The No. 10 tram service departs from Oerlikon Ost station on its own dedicated line, so it never gets held up, even in peak periods. Trams circulate at 7.5 or 15-minute intervals.
More Zürich Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Zürich Airport Information
- Zürich Airport Distance to City Centre
- Zürich Airport Currency Exchange
- Zürich Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Zürich Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Zürich Airport Maps
- Zürich Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Zürich Airport Taxi Service
- Zürich Airport Onsite Hotels
- Zürich Airport Private Transfer Services
- Zürich Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Zürich Airport Location & Address
- Zürich Airport Train & Subway
- Zürich Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Zürich Airport Shuttle
- Zürich Airport Buses & Coaches
- Zürich Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Zürich Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Zürich Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Zürich Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Zürich Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ZRH Zürich Airport
- Zürich Airport Services & Amenities