Aberdeen Airport Car Rental Advice & Driving Tips
Aberdeen Airport Car Rental Desk Locations
Care hire Aberdeen Airport has several agencies present.
Aberdeen Airport Car Rental Companies
Aberdeen Driving Information
An International Drivers' Permit (or IDP) may be required, especially if your local drivers' licence is in a language other than the local language (you may inquire when you pick up your car).
Main roads are high-quality and well-maintained by the Scottish Government, but city streets in Aberdeen have many potholes and cracked/damaged surfaces which not been repaired yet due to budget constraints.
Speed limits lower than 95 km/hr or 60 mph are often in force along main roads because Aberdeenshire has some of the most dangerous roads in Scotland. To improve safety at accident blackspots, speed limits are enforced by many automated speed cameras as well as police patrol cars. The Dundee to Aberdeen section of the A90 has a particularly large number of these.
Although all city streets are lit at night, most main roads leading into the city (including the A90 and A96) are not lit except at major intersections. Be prepared to use main beam (i.e. high beam) headlights.
Added to this, roads in Aberdeenshire are among the most dangerous in the UK, due to frequent bends and chicanes, narrow carriageways, and excessive speed by many drivers. Local drivers often drive aggressively or overtake thoughtlessly, and this is partly responsible for the high accident rate. Do not be intimidated into going too fast and remain at a speed you are comfortable.
In winter, roads are often affected by snow and fog. Main roads (e.g. A90) are gritted (sanded) but local roads are not, leading to very slippery conditions. Few Scottish cars are fitted with snow tires or snow chains in winter (although these are available in Aberdeen). On mountain routes (e.g. A93), roads are often closed due to snow by "snow gates". Avoid car travel in poor winter weather unless you are experienced with driving in these conditions.
Learn how to protect yourself when renting a car at Aberdeen Airport.
Aberdeen Airport Car Rental Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends a Aberdeen Airport car rental.
Car hire Aberdeen Airport is a convenient option if you plan to spend some time in the region.
More Aberdeen Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Aberdeen Airport Information
- Aberdeen Airport Distance to City Centre
- Aberdeen Airport Currency Exchange
- Aberdeen Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Aberdeen Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Aberdeen Airport Maps
- Aberdeen Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Aberdeen Airport Taxi Service
- Aberdeen Airport Onsite Hotels
- Aberdeen Airport Private Transfer Services
- Aberdeen Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Aberdeen Airport Location & Address
- Aberdeen Airport Train & Subway
- Aberdeen Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Aberdeen Airport Shuttle
- Aberdeen Airport Buses & Coaches
- Aberdeen Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Aberdeen Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Aberdeen Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Aberdeen Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Aberdeen Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ABZ Aberdeen Airport
- Aberdeen Airport Services & Amenities