AGP Malaga Airport Info & Guide
Where is Malaga Airport?
The largest city on the Costa del Sol (Coast of the Sun), Malaga has a typical Mediterranean climate and is flooded with tourists in the summer. Malaga boasts great architectural sites, as well as hiking, beaches, shopping, cuisine and wonderful art museums.
Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga, and here you will find Museo Casa Natal de Picasso (the "birthplace"), Museo Picasso Málaga (featuring works donated by family members) and enthusiastic locals offering walking tours of Picasso's home town.
Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport (IATA: AGP, ICAO: LEMG), also referred to as Málaga Airport or Costa del Sol Airport, and previously named Pablo Ruiz Picasso Airport, lies just southwest of Málaga, in Andalusia, Spain. The airport operates with 3 terminals (the 3rd opened in 2010), and 2 runways (the 2nd opened in 2012).
In 2012, Málaga Airport served 12,582,191 passengers, making it the 4th busiest airport in Spain, after Madrid, Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca.
Airlines that fly to Malaga include Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air Algérie, Air Berlin, Air France, Air Transat, Alitalia, Blue Air, British Airways, Condor, Delta Air Lines, EasyJet, Estonian Air, Finnair, Flybe, Germanwings, Iberia, Icelandair, Jet2, Royal Air Maroc, Ryanair, Small Planet Airlines, Smart Wings, TAP Portugal, Thomas Cook Airlines, Transaero Airlines, Transavia, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines and Wizz Air.
Cities with flights to Malaga Airport include Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Antalya, Barcelona, Belfast, Berlin, Bucharest, Budapest, Casablanca, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Geneva, Glasgow, Helsinki, Ibiza, Istanbul, Jersey, Kraków, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Milan, Montreal, Moscow, New York, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Reykjavik, Rome, Rotterdam, San Sebastian, Santiago de Compostela, Sofia, Stockholm, Tallinn, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Tunis, Vienna, Warsaw and Zürich.
Your best bet for a Malaga Airport transfer is the train. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Malaga Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport services include:
- VIP Lounge (Terminal 3, level P2)
- Meeting rooms
- Medical Centre
- Police Station
- Duty free
- National Geographic store
- Bars, cafes and restaurants (including Starbucks)
- Tax refunds
- Museum of Air Navigation and Transport
- Educational Visit Programme
Official AGP Malaga Airport Website Links
Official AGP Malaga Airport Twitter Feed
More Malaga Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Malaga Airport Information
- Malaga Airport Distance to City Centre
- Malaga Airport Currency Exchange
- Malaga Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Malaga Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Malaga Airport Maps
- Malaga Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Malaga Airport Taxi Service
- Malaga Airport Onsite Hotels
- Malaga Airport Private Transfer Services
- Malaga Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Malaga Airport Location & Address
- Malaga Airport Train & Subway
- Malaga Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Malaga Airport Shuttle
- Malaga Airport Buses & Coaches
- Malaga Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Malaga Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Malaga Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Malaga Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Malaga Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to AGP Malaga Airport
- Malaga Airport Services & Amenities