AUH Abu Dhabi Airport Info & Guide
Where is Abu Dhabi Airport?
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and its second most populous city (after Dubai). Abu Dhabi city in is also capital of the largest of the UAE's 7 member emirates.
The United Arab Emirates' political and industrial centre, and major cultural and commercial centre, Abu Dhabi lies on a T-shaped island jutting into the Persian Gulf from the central western coast. The city is known for its Sheikh Zayed Mosque, plentiful parks and beautiful beaches.
Abu Dhabi International Airport (IATA: AUH, ICAO: OMAA), or simply Abu Dhabi Airport, is located 30 kilometres (19 miles) northeast of Abu Dhabi city, in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
In 2014, Abu Dhabi Airport served 24.1 million passengers, making it the country's 2nd busiest, after Dubai International Airport (DXB). The much smaller Abu Dhabi Al Bateen Executive Airport (AZI) is dedicated to business jets.
Abu Dhabi Airport is a hub for Etihad Airways and Rotana Jet. Other airlines that fly to Abu Dhabi Airport include Aegean Airlines, Air Astana, Air Berlin, Air India, airBaltic, airblue, Alitalia, British Airways, EgyptAir, Gulf Air, KLM, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Oman Air, Philippine Airlines, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, Saudia, SriLankan Airlines, Turkish Airlines and Virgin Australia.
Cities with flights to Abu Dhabi Airport include Amman, Amsterdam, Athens, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Belgrade, Brussels, Cairo, Casablanca, Chicago, Colombo, Delhi, Dhaka, Doha, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jakarta, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lahore, London, Los Angeles, Manila, Moscow, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, Paris, Riyadh, Rome, São Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tehran, Tokyo, Toronto, Tripoli, Washington DC and Zurich.
Your best bet for a Abu Dhabi Airport transfer is the bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Abu Dhabi Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Abu Dhabi Airport
There are 3 terminals at Abu Dhabi Airport - Terminal 1 (divided into Terminals 1A and 1B), Terminal 2, Terminal 3 - with a new Midfield Terminal due to open in 2017.
Services at Abu Dhabi Airport include:
- Remote check in - City Terminal and ADENC
- Meet and assist services
- Airport Services Centre (fax, copy machines, safety deposit, left luggage) - Terminal 1 Departures, before passport control
- A total of 7 lounges - all with printers, premium shower facilities
- Six Senses Spa - located in the Etihad Diamond First and Pearl Business Class lounges
- Business Centre - located in the Al Dhabi Lounge
- Postal and courier services
- Free hygienic public showers - near departure gates 32 and 37
- Smoking lounge or booth in each terminal (but you really should quit)
- Separate men’s and women’s prayer rooms available in each terminal
- Free newspapers and magazines
Official AUH Abu Dhabi Airport Website Links
More Abu Dhabi Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Abu Dhabi Airport Information
- Abu Dhabi Airport Distance to City Centre
- Abu Dhabi Airport Currency Exchange
- Abu Dhabi Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Abu Dhabi Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Abu Dhabi Airport Maps
- Abu Dhabi Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Abu Dhabi Airport Taxi Service
- Abu Dhabi Airport Onsite Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Airport Private Transfer Services
- Abu Dhabi Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Abu Dhabi Airport Location & Address
- Abu Dhabi Airport Train & Subway
- Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Abu Dhabi Airport Shuttle
- Abu Dhabi Airport Buses & Coaches
- Abu Dhabi Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Abu Dhabi Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Abu Dhabi Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Abu Dhabi Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Abu Dhabi Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to AUH Abu Dhabi Airport
- Abu Dhabi Airport Services & Amenities