DXB Dubai Airport Info & Guide
Where is Dubai Airport?
Rather like an independent city-state, Dubai is the most modern and progressive of the 7 emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, and has the largest immigrant population in the world.
Dubai is essentially a desert city with superb infrastructure and excellent tourist amenities. Situated just 3-5 hours from most parts of the Middle East, Near East, India and Europe, Dubai makes a great short break for shopping, sunbathing, sports, and more.
Dubai Interational Airport (IATA: DXB, ICAO: OMDB) is situated in the Al Garhoud district, 4 kilometres (2.5 miles) southeast of Dubai city, in the emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
In 2012, Dubai Airport served 57,684,550 passengers, making it the 10th busiest airport in the world.
Dubai Airport is now complemented by Dubai Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC), which opened October 26, 2013.
Dubai Airport is a hub for Emirates, Flydubai and Quantas. Other airlines that fly to Dubai Airport include Air China, Air France, Air India, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines, KLM, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Singapore Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Transaero Airlines, United Airlines, United Airways and Virgin Atlantic.
The busiest routes to/from Dubai Airport are Amman, Bahrain, Doha, Karachi, London, Mumbai, Muscat and Tehran. Other cities with flights to Dubai Airport include Amsterdam, Athens, Bangkok, Barcelona, Beijing, Beirut, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Christchurch, Durban, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, Moscow, Nairobi, New York, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington DC.
Your best bet for a Dubai Airport transfer is the metro. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Dubai Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Dubai Airport
Dubai Airport services include:
- Two business centres
- Health Club (swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, massage services)
- Free shower facilities - Departures at T1 (between gates C18 & C22) & T3 (between gates B13 & B19)
- Enclosed, ventilated smoking rooms
- Lounge for unaccompanied minors located near Gates 9 and 22
- Women's lounge and children's play area between Gates 12 and 14
- Separate area for ladies and children in Arrivals
- Separate prayer rooms for men and women
- Interactive virtual assistant (English, Arabic)
In 2013, National Geographic will air "Dubai: Ultimate Airport", a 10-part documentary series on Dubai International Airport.
Official DXB Dubai Airport Website Links
Official DXB Dubai Airport Twitter Feed
More Dubai Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Dubai Airport Information
- Dubai Airport Distance to City Centre
- Dubai Airport Currency Exchange
- Dubai Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Dubai Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Dubai Airport Maps
- Dubai Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Dubai Airport Taxi Service
- Dubai Airport Onsite Hotels
- Dubai Airport Private Transfer Services
- Dubai Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Dubai Airport Location & Address
- Dubai Airport Train & Subway
- Dubai Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Dubai Airport Shuttle
- Dubai Airport Buses & Coaches
- Dubai Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Dubai Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Dubai Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Dubai Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Dubai Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DXB Dubai Airport
- Dubai Airport Services & Amenities