Official Dubai Airport Taxi Rates & Fares to the City Centre
The official Dubai Airport taxi service is recommended by IHateTaxis.com as one of the best Dubai Airport transfer options available.
An official taxi is a convenient and low stress Dubai Airport transfer option.(Read More about Official Dubai Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Dubai Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Airport taxis are meter cabs with a pick-up charge of AED 20-25 and the final fare will be calculated according to the recorded meter.
Taxi fares (approximate):
- Minimum taxi fare is AED 10
- The journey is free if the meter is not operated
- City centre (10 minutes) - AED 40-45
- World Trade Centre (15 minutes) - AED 45-50
- Bur Dubai (15 minutes) - AED 25-30
- Sharjah Emirate and Northern Emirates (either going or passing) will be charged an extra AED 20
- Taxis have a AED 25 surcharge for night hire (20:00-06:00)
|Dubai Taxi Payment: Cash • Credit Cards |
Drivers may also accept USD.
Dubai Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, Round up to next bill/large coin
Dubai Airport Taxi Scams
Not a scam, per se, but a warning: it is not uncommon for taxis to get lost, as driving a cab is a popular occupation for new residents. Official Dubai airport taxi drivers have good training and can call their dispatcher if they need directions, so your risk of wasted time is reduced by taking an official taxi.
Official Dubai Airport Taxi Service
Dubai Airport taxi photo
Metered taxis are available 24 hours a day outside Terminals 1, 2 and 3 at DXB Dubai International Airport.
The taxi service is provided by the government-run Dubai Transport airport taxi service, or Dubai Taxi Corporation. Recognized by their cream colour, Dubai Taxis are metered, efficient and have well-trained, courteous drivers.
Special needs: designated disabled taxis are available 24 hours a day.
Ladies service: Dubai Taxis also deploys well trained female drivers that cater to women and families (06:00-02:00).
- Advice on dealing with Dubai Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Dubai Airport taxi drivers.
Private Dubai Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Dubai Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
Private taxis operate near the Dubai Airport, but as they are unofficial, may or may not use a meter, so agree on the fare beforehand.
The unofficial Dubai Airport taxi service is not recommended by IHateTaxis.com
With less certainty on the fare, and a higher likelihood of getting lost, there is no benefit in taking an unofficial taxi.
More Dubai Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Dubai Airport Train & Subway
- Dubai Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Dubai Airport Shuttle
- Dubai Airport Buses & Coaches
- Dubai Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Dubai Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Dubai Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Dubai Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Dubai Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DXB Dubai Airport