BNE Brisbane Airport Info & Guide
Where is Brisbane Airport?
Brisbane International Airport (IATA: BNE, ICAO: YBBN) is the sole passenger airport serving Brisbane, Australia.
Brisbane Airport is the third busiest airport in Australia after Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) and Melbourne Airport (MEL). In 2011, Brisbane Airport served just under 20.6 million passengers.
Airlines serving Brisbane Airport include Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, China, Emirates, Hawaiian, Jetstar (secondary hub), Korean, Malaysia, Qantas (secondary hub), Singapore, Thai and Virgin Australia (major hub).
Destinations served from Brisbane include Abu Dhabi, Auckland, Christchurch, Dubai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Kuala Kumpur, Los Angeles, Manila, Seoul, Singapore and Taipei, as well as destinations throughout Australia.
In 2012, Brisbane Airport captured a Skytrax Award for Best Regional Airport. Also in 2012, Brisbane Airport was recognized by the Australian Competition and Consumer Association (ACCC) as the top Australian airport for quality of service, an award BNE has captured for the 8th year running.
Your best bet for Brisbane Airport ground transportation is the train (it's fast, efficient and cheap!). Details on all options are included in this guide.
Distance from Brisbane Airport to City Centre or CBD
The Brisbane Airport GPS position is 27.384° S 153.118° E or 27° 23.050' S 153° 7.050' E.
Brisbane Airport WiFi & Internet
Yes, there is free WiFi at Brisbane Airport, although it is limited to 1 hour. The best spots to get a signal are in the seating areas in the food and beverage halls (International Terminal on Levels 3 and 4; Domestic Terminal on Level 2).
Internet Kiosks are available on Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal of Airport Brisbane. The cost is AUD 2 for 20 minutes.
- Be a smart traveller and be in the know about some Wifi at Brisbane Airport Connection and Security tips before you connect
BNE Brisbane Airport Map
Other Items of Interest at Brisbane Airport
The orange Brisbane Airport Inter-Terminal Bus (TBus) can transfer you between the Domestic and International Terminals (AUD 5, kids under 4 free), or between either terminal and Airport Village shopping (for free). Trip times are 7-10 minutes, plus waiting time.
The Airport Village shopping precinct has a supermarket, chemist, hairdresser, bakery, beauty salon, cafes, bars, restaurants and over 120 discount factory outlets.
Services at Brisbane Airport include:
- Duty free
- Luggage storage - Airport Village (limited hours), International Terminal (ground floor, by public car park entrance, 24 hours)
Brisbane Airport Departures and Arrivals Airlines
Closest Airports to BNE Brisbane Airport
Official BNE Brisbane Airport Website Links
Official BNE Brisbane Airport Twitter Feed
More Brisbane Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Brisbane Airport Information
- Brisbane Airport Distance to City Centre
- Brisbane Airport Currency Exchange
- Brisbane Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Brisbane Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Brisbane Airport Maps
- Brisbane Airport Airline Companies
- Brisbane Airport Taxi Service
- Brisbane Airport Onsite Hotels
- Brisbane Airport Train & Subway
- Brisbane Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Brisbane Airport Shuttle
- Brisbane Airport Buses & Coaches
- Brisbane Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Brisbane Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Brisbane Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Brisbane Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Brisbane Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BNE Brisbane Airport