Things to do in Brisbane if you have a Brisbane Airport Layover or Extended Brisbane Airport Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Brisbane Airport or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Brisbane.LayoverIdeas.com.
Airport Brisbane is the place to be if you have to be stuck at an airport for any length of time. Being one of the busiest airports both domestically and internationally, Layover options are something they have taken quite seriously.
The Departure Lounge
This area has won awards for its consideration of passengers on a short layover. If you have a couple of hours, head to the departures lounge where you can indulge in local television whilst reclining on comfortable sofas, you can write a few postcards to keep friends and family up to date on your travels at one of the writing desks provided or you can enjoy duty free shopping at very competitive prices.
Brisbane Airport Village
If you have a little more time you can catch the No 1 bus from the International Terminal on Level 4 at the Airport Village bus stop and take the 10 minute journey to the Airport Village. There you can shop at Direct Factory Outlets and then grab a bite to eat at the Transit Tavern before heading back for your connecting flight.
The Airtrain, for AUD 27 per adult and free for children, will whisk you right into downtown Brisbane in less than 30 minutes. Queen Street Mall in the centre of Brisbane offers some of the best shopping experiences in Queensland. This mall offers shopping, dining, entertainment, spas and Visitor Infomation areas so it is sure to appeal to everyone in the family. If you are looking for something more adventurous you can also visit the nearby Brisbane Botanical Gardens, South Bank Parklands and the Brisbane River. Catch a City Cat on the Brisbane River and you will get a whole new perspective of this city even in the limited time you have available.
In Brisbane for the day?
Why not take in the Brisbane Zoo and explore the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, before heading off to the beach for a few hours of sun, sand and sea, before catching your connecting flight. You can also get a personal tour guide with whom you can arrange a tour of all the best sights in Brisbane.
So don’t hang around the airport, get out and experience a piece of your transit city and make your travels part of your trip rather than something that must be overcome in order to get to your final destination.
More Brisbane Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Brisbane Airport Information
- Brisbane Airport Distance to City Centre
- Brisbane Airport Currency Exchange
- Brisbane Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Brisbane Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Brisbane Airport Maps
- Brisbane Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Brisbane Airport Taxi Service
- Brisbane Airport Onsite Hotels
- Brisbane Airport Private Transfer Services
- Brisbane Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Brisbane Airport Location & Address
- Brisbane Airport Train & Subway
- Brisbane Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Brisbane Airport Shuttle
- Brisbane Airport Buses & Coaches
- Brisbane Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Brisbane Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Brisbane Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Brisbane Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Brisbane Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BNE Brisbane Airport
- Brisbane Airport Services & Amenities