Bratislava Airport Car Rental Advice & Driving Tips
Bratislava Airport Car Rental Desk Locations
There are numerous Bratislava Airport car rental companies offering vehicles. Look for their desks in the Arrivals Hall at the Bratislava Airport.
Bratislava Airport Car Rental Companies
Bratislava Driving Information
An International Drivers' Permit (or IDP) may be required, especially if your local drivers' licence is in a language other than the local language (you may inquire when you pick up your car).
Bratislava lies on the border of two other countries and has a relatively good road system. The town can be accessed by motorways (i.e. limited access highway) from northern Slovakia and Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary as well as Austria. As a result, you can pass the town without having to leave the motorway at all. Together with countries like Austria and Czech Republic it's required to have a sticker on your windshield to drive on motorways. Stickers can be bought at any regular gas station - it's recommended to stop at the first gas station after crossing the border.
After entering the city, a parking information system is in place to lead you to the next free parking spot. In the center of town you either can use one of the paid underground garages or buy a parking card from vendors in yellow vests and try to find a free spot in the streets. The former is recommended on weekends as finding a parking place in the one-ways can turn into a real head breaking puzzle. If you do find a spot in the street and it's a weekday between 08:00 and 16:00, a parking card may be necessary. You need them in the center of the city only, parking on the streets is free otherwise. You can purchase parking cards from vendors in yellow vests; they cost EUR 0.70 and are valid for 60 minutes.
It may be a good idea to leave the car at the Aupark parking lot which also serves as a "Park and Walk" facility for tourists (note that the indoor parking facilities as well as parts of the outdoor parking lot are closed from 23:00 to 10:00 the rest of the parking space is free to use 24/7). You can leave your car here and walk through the park and across the Danube to the city centre, which is a 10 minute stroll, or just use public transportation. It is not recommended to leave the car in residential areas outside of the city centre to avoid paid parking, as non-resident cars may attract car thieves.
Learn how to protect yourself when renting a car at Bratislava Airport.
More Bratislava Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Bratislava Airport Information
- Bratislava Airport Distance to City Centre
- Bratislava Airport Currency Exchange
- Bratislava Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Bratislava Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Bratislava Airport Maps
- Bratislava Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Bratislava Airport Taxi Service
- Bratislava Airport Onsite Hotels
- Bratislava Airport Private Transfer Services
- Bratislava Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Bratislava Airport Location & Address
- Bratislava Airport Train & Subway
- Bratislava Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Bratislava Airport Shuttle
- Bratislava Airport Buses & Coaches
- Bratislava Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Bratislava Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Bratislava Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Bratislava Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Bratislava Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to BTS Bratislava Airport
- Bratislava Airport Services & Amenities