Official Baiyun Airport Taxi Service
Official Baiyun Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Baiyun Airport taxi service.
While convenient, a taxi from Guangzhou Airport takes about the same time as the Metro, for a lot more money.(Read More about Official Baiyun Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Baiyun Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Baiyun Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
From CAN Baiyun Airport to:
Guangzhou City about CNY 120, including RMB 15 toll charge Zhongshan about CNY 300 plus toll charges
It is illegal to pay with any foreign currency in China.
Guangzhou Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Not required
Official Baiyun Airport Taxi Details
Baiyun Airport taxi photo
Guangzhou Airport taxi services are available to take you to your desired destination in and around Guangzhou.
You will find Guangzhou Airport taxi stations are outside:
- Arrival Hall, Section A, Gate 5
- Arrival Hall, Section B, Gate 6
- Advice on dealing with Baiyun Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Baiyun Airport taxi drivers.
Private Baiyun Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Baiyun Airport Taxi Scams
Do not accept solicitations for rides to the city. Sometimes, people (touts) will stand at the Arrival Halls area and ask if you need a taxi. These are illegally operated and use unmarked vehicles, or charge you a fee, offer you a phony receipt, and then arrange a taxi that will still charge you. They usually cost a lot more than licensed taxis since many travelers do not know the cost of airport transportation.
Beware of taxi driver as sometimes, in addition to going around the block one too many times, they will also try to pass counterfeit bills. Pay close attention as to what they pay when passing toll booths. Good drivers will show you the toll receipts. Only add the toll amount to what is displayed in the meter.
There have been complaints from tourists of taxi drivers changing the agreed-upon fare half way through the taxi ride so be very, very clear at the onset how much the ride will cost (if need be, write the price on a piece of paper). If they attempt to modify the price enroute to your destination, threaten to call the police (generally this works). It is always best just to simply insist on using the meter.
Some tourists have complained that taxi drivers will indicate they have no money to pay for the tolls and ask you to do so. You will have to pay the tolls anyways so best to have small bills for such transactions. Avoid giving them a larger bill as there have been reports of the taxi drivers providing you with change back in counterfeit (check for metal thread and not image of a metal thread, and serial numbers of the bills should not be identical). If any of this nonsense takes place, threaten to call the police.
More Baiyun Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Baiyun Airport Information
- Baiyun Airport Distance to City Centre
- Baiyun Airport Currency Exchange
- Baiyun Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Baiyun Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Baiyun Airport Maps
- Baiyun Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Baiyun Airport Taxi Service
- Baiyun Airport Onsite Hotels
- Baiyun Airport Private Transfer Services
- Baiyun Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Baiyun Airport Location & Address
- Baiyun Airport Train & Subway
- Baiyun Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Baiyun Airport Shuttle
- Baiyun Airport Buses & Coaches
- Baiyun Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Baiyun Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Baiyun Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Baiyun Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Baiyun Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CAN Baiyun Airport
- Baiyun Airport Services & Amenities