Official Guangzhou Airport Taxi Service
Official Guangzhou Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Guangzhou Airport taxi service.
While convenient, a taxi from Guangzhou Airport takes about the same time as the Metro, for a lot more money.(Read More about Official Guangzhou Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Guangzhou Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Guangzhou Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
From CAN Guangzhou Airport to:
Guangzhou City about CNY 120, including RMB 15 toll charge Zhongshan about CNY 300 plus toll charges
It is illegal to pay with any foreign currency in China.
Guangzhou Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Not required
Official Guangzhou Airport Taxi Details
Guangzhou Airport taxi photo
Guangzhou Airport taxi services are available to take you to your desired destination in and around Guangzhou.
You will find Guangzhou Airport taxi stations are outside:
- Arrival Hall, Section A, Gate 5
- Arrival Hall, Section B, Gate 6
- Advice on dealing with Guangzhou Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Guangzhou Airport taxi drivers.
Private Guangzhou Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Pirate Guangzhou Airport Taxi Serivce
X - 09 Mar 2012
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the pirate Guangzhou Airport taxi service.
You will be ripped off.
Guangzhou Airport Taxi Scams
Do not accept solicitations for rides to the city. Sometimes, people (touts) will stand at the Arrival Halls area and ask if you need a taxi. These are illegally operated and use unmarked vehicles, or charge you a fee, offer you a phony receipt, and then arrange a taxi that will still charge you. They usually cost a lot more than licensed taxis since many travelers do not know the cost of airport transportation.
Beware of taxi driver as sometimes, in addition to going around the block one too many times, they will also try to pass counterfeit bills. Pay close attention as to what they pay when passing toll booths. Good drivers will show you the toll receipts. Only add the toll amount to what is displayed in the meter.
There have been complaints from tourists of taxi drivers changing the agreed-upon fare half way through the taxi ride so be very, very clear at the onset how much the ride will cost (if need be, write the price on a piece of paper). If they attempt to modify the price enroute to your destination, threaten to call the police (generally this works). It is always best just to simply insist on using the meter.
Some tourists have complained that taxi drivers will indicate they have no money to pay for the tolls and ask you to do so. You will have to pay the tolls anyways so best to have small bills for such transactions. Avoid giving them a larger bill as there have been reports of the taxi drivers providing you with change back in counterfeit (check for metal thread and not image of a metal thread, and serial numbers of the bills should not be identical). If any of this nonsense takes place, threaten to call the police.
More Guangzhou Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Guangzhou Airport Information
- Guangzhou Airport Distance to City Centre
- Guangzhou Airport Currency Exchange
- Guangzhou Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Guangzhou Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Guangzhou Airport Maps
- Guangzhou Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Guangzhou Airport Taxi Service
- Guangzhou Airport Onsite Hotels
- Guangzhou Airport Private Transfer Services
- Guangzhou Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Guangzhou Airport Location & Address
- Guangzhou Airport Train & Subway
- Guangzhou Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Guangzhou Airport Shuttle
- Guangzhou Airport Buses & Coaches
- Guangzhou Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Guangzhou Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Guangzhou Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Guangzhou Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Guangzhou Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CAN Guangzhou Airport
- Guangzhou Airport Services & Amenities