CUN Cancún Airport Info & Guide
Where is Cancún Airport?
Located on the northeast coast of the Yucatán Peninsula, Cancún is one of Mexico's easternmost points.
The Cancún hotel zone juts dramatically into the Caribbean Sea. Surrounded by ocean, the world-renowned tourist zone experiences daytime temperatures 1-2C less than the nearby airport area.The city of Cancún is also located just north of the popular Riviera Maya resort area.
Cancún International Airport (IATA: CUN, ICAO: MMUN), or Cancun Airport, is located about 20 kilometres (12 miles) from the main Cancun hotel zone, near the city of Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
In 2014, Cancún Airport served 17,455,353 passengers. While CUN is Mexico's second busiest airport, after Mexico City International Airport (MEX), it is the busiest in terms of international passengers.
Cancún Airport is a hub for Aeromexico and Vivaaerobus. Other airlines that fly to Cancún Airport include Aeroflot, Air Berlin, Air Canada, Air Europa, Air France, Air Transat, American Airlines, British Airways, CanJet, Condor, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss Air, Monarch Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Thomson Airways, United Airlines, Virgin and WestJet.
Cities with flights to Cancún Airport include Atlanta, Belize City, Bogotá, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Havana, Lisbon, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Moscow, New York, Oslo, Panama City, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, San Salvador, Santiago de Chile, São Paulo, Stockholm, Toronto, Vancouver, Warsaw, Washington DC and Zürich.
Your best bet for a Cancún Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Cancun Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Cancún Airport
Cancún Airport currently has 3 terminals, with a 4th under construction, and a free shuttle bus running between them:
- Terminal 1 is used by charter airlines, both North American and domestic
- Terminal 2 is used by domestic airlines, as well as some international airlines
- Terminal 3 is used for international flights from North American and European airlines
Services at Cancun Airport include:
- Duty free shopping
- XPress Spa - Terminal 2 near gate area A, Terminal 3 upper level
- VIP business lounge
There is a departure tax of approximately USD 48 per person (most of the time it is included in the price of your airfare).
Official CUN Cancún Airport Website Links
Official CUN Cancún Airport Twitter Feed
More Cancún Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Cancún Airport Information
- Cancún Airport Distance to City Centre
- Cancún Airport Currency Exchange
- Cancún Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Cancún Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Cancún Airport Maps
- Cancún Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Cancún Airport Taxi Service
- Cancún Airport Onsite Hotels
- Cancún Airport Private Transfer Services
- Cancún Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Cancún Airport Location & Address
- Cancún Airport Train & Subway
- Cancún Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Cancún Airport Shuttle
- Cancún Airport Buses & Coaches
- Cancún Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Cancún Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Cancún Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Cancún Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Cancún Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to CUN Cancún Airport
- Cancún Airport Services & Amenities