Denver Airport Car Rental Advice & Driving Tips
Denver Airport Car Rental Desk Locations
Denver Airport car hire options include most major car rental agencies.
Desks for Denver Airport rental cars may be found at level 5 of the terminal building.
Denver Airport Car Rental Companies
Denver Driving Information
An International Drivers' Permit (or IDP) may be required, especially if your local drivers' licence is in a language other than the local language (you may inquire when you pick up your car).
Getting around by car is easy outside of the peak rush hour periods (07:00 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 18:00), when there is congestion on major roads such as the I-25, I-70 and US36 to Boulder.
There are a couple of major toll roads in the Denver area to be aware of, and they can help you avoid some serious rush hour traffic on I-70 and I-25:
- E-470 connects the airport to the southeast, east, northeast and northwest suburbs, C-470 at its southern terminus, and the Northwest Parkway at its northern terminus, leading to Boulder. E-470 is a "cashless" toll road - there are no longer any toll plazas and no way to pay tolls except via an in-car device or a billing service. If renting a car, check to see if the rental car agency provides for proper billing; otherwise, you may be subject to billed tolls and hefty service charges. Tolls are USD 2-4 and without an in-car device, service charges can run to USD 25 or more.
- Northwest Parkway connects to the north end of E-470 leading to north, northeast and northwest suburbs, and Boulder. Also accessible from I-25. Tolls are up to USD 3 each, and booths accept only cash. There's no attendant between 22:00 - 06:00, so pay attention to the signs; though some booths still accept exact change, others require you to pay online or by mail.
Learn how to protect yourself when renting a car at Denver Airport.
Denver Airport Car Rental Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on a Denver Airport car rental
A car is not necessary for visits limited to Downtown Denver, as everything is within walking distance or accessible by public transport. On the other hand, if you plan to go outside of downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods, a Denver Airport rental car is the most convenient form of transportation.
DEN Denver Airport Car Rental Shuttle
Most of the contracted Denver Airport car rental companies provide a courtesy shuttle service to their facilities and have service counters located in Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5 of DIA Airport.
More Denver Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Denver Airport Information
- Denver Airport Distance to City Centre
- Denver Airport Currency Exchange
- Denver Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Denver Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Denver Airport Maps
- Denver Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Denver Airport Taxi Service
- Denver Airport Onsite Hotels
- Denver Airport Private Transfer Services
- Denver Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Denver Airport Location & Address
- Denver Airport Train & Subway
- Denver Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Denver Airport Shuttle
- Denver Airport Buses & Coaches
- Denver Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Denver Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Denver Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Denver Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Denver Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DEN Denver Airport
- Denver Airport Services & Amenities