Things to do in Glasgow if you have a Glasgow Airport Layover or Extended Glasgow Airport Stopover
If you have an extended layover at the Glasgow Airport or staying in town, why not consider getting out with some fun activities? We list a few here and there are many more on Glasgow.LayoverIdeas.com.
GLA Glasgow Airport is an easy commute to Glasgow city centre and, with an amazing array of sightseeing opportunities, historic architecture and museums to see there is sure to be something to pique your interest if you have some time to spend in this fascinating city.
Scotland’s national soccer team as well as Queen’s Park Football Club call this stadium home. Said to be the oldest soccer stadium in the world it has hosted the biggest crowd ever seen at a sports event in the UK when 150 000 spectators turned out to support their nations as Scotland and England faced each other in 1937. Lottery funding has provided the opportunity for this old faithful to be renovated. As a major part of Glaswegian culture, Hampden Park definitely deserves a visit.
Finlaystone Country Estate
If you want a peek at real British Victorian upper class, this beautiful mansion has it all. From stunning views of the river and grounds to an insight into life within, at Finlaystone Country Estate you can see a working kitchen, laundry and conservatory and take tea in the historic tearoom. There is also art and history on display as well as an extensive dolls collection.
The Glasgow Science Centre
This interactive science centre offers three main attractions. The Glasgow tower is the world's only building capable of turning 360° from the ground up. Its aerodynamic structure ensures it is turned to face the wind thus reducing wind resistance to the entire building. The only IMAX in Scotland is found at the Glasgow Science centre in the Science Mall. Over 300 hands-on exhibits, live science shows, labs and the ScottishPower Planetarium will keep visitors of all ages happy for hours. If you have a family to keep busy this is the place to go.
While first class malls abound in Glasgow, the best shopping for interesting trinkets and souvenirs is from the downtown or historic districts. You will find art, antiques, gifts and clothing in these fascinating ancient streets. If you prefer the convenience of a mall then head off to Buchan Galleries, Glasgows newest shopping centre.
As always, make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to GLA Glasgow Airport in time for your connecting flight. Enjoy your transit city rather than whiling away the time leaning up against your luggage in the departures lounge.
More Glasgow Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Glasgow Airport Information
- Glasgow Airport Distance to City Centre
- Glasgow Airport Currency Exchange
- Glasgow Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Glasgow Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Glasgow Airport Maps
- Glasgow Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Glasgow Airport Taxi Service
- Glasgow Airport Onsite Hotels
- Glasgow Airport Private Transfer Services
- Glasgow Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Glasgow Airport Location & Address
- Glasgow Airport Train & Subway
- Glasgow Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Glasgow Airport Shuttle
- Glasgow Airport Buses & Coaches
- Glasgow Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Glasgow Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Glasgow Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Glasgow Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Glasgow Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to GLA Glasgow Airport
- Glasgow Airport Services & Amenities