Official Seoul Gimpo Airport Taxi Service
Official Seoul Gimpo Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Minimum Fare KRW 1900 Per 144m after 3km KRW 100
Minimum Fare KRW 4500 Per 164m after 3km KRW 200
- Always confirm with your Seoul Gimpo Airport taxi driver if they take credit or bank cards and if there are any card fees.
Seoul Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping not required
Official Seoul Gimpo Airport Taxi Details
Seoul Gimpo Airport taxi photo
Gimpo airport taxi service is available at the taxi platforms in front of the terminal building. You can either go to the short course taxi platform if you are travelling within the Gangseo and Yangcheon region, or the Intracity taxi platform. There are three types of Taxi to choose from: the Regular taxi is on Platform 1 in front of the terminal and the Deluxe taxi is on Platform 2. You can also get a Jumbo Taxi opposite the Regular taxi platform.
- Standard taxi: Carries up to 4 passengers plus luggage and charges a base fare plus a metered price. A 20% surcharge is applied between 00:00 and 04:00.
- Deluxe taxi: Also carries up to 4 passengers plus luggage, but is more spacious. Drivers must have a clean record (no accidents for at least 10 years) and have additional training. They may have better English skills. Fares are about 50% higher than standard taxis, but there is no night surcharge.
- Jumbo taxi: Carries up to 9 passengers and works well for groups travelling together. These accept credit cards as payment.
Tip: whenever you take a taxi in Seoul, look for a car marked "International Taxi". These taxis are operated by the city, and have drivers that speak English and Japanese.
- Advice on dealing with Seoul Gimpo Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Seoul Gimpo Airport taxi drivers.
Private Seoul Gimpo Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Seoul Gimpo Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
Some drivers try to intercept passengers in the terminal or right outside; ignore them and head to the taxi stop. As in most countries, some unscrupulous drivers like to prey on foreigners just off the plane, so be especially careful when taking a taxi from the international terminals.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the unofficial Seoul Gimpo Airport taxi service.
Seoul Gimpo Airport Taxi Scams
The most common taxi scams in Seoul are 'creative' use of the taxi fare calculator, and all manner of extra charges.
On the bright side, the city is cracking down and offers cash rewards to taxi anyone who reports dishonest cabbies, foreigners included. It's part of an effort to end the scamming of visitors to the city. To report a bad driver, call the Seoul Tourism hotline at 02-1330 (English). Be sure to get the driver's ID number: you could pocket the equivalent of several hundred USD.
More Seoul Gimpo Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Information
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Distance to City Centre
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Currency Exchange
- Seoul Gimpo Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Maps
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Taxi Service
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Onsite Hotels
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Private Transfer Services
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Location & Address
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Train & Subway
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Shuttle
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Buses & Coaches
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to GMP Seoul Gimpo Airport
- Seoul Gimpo Airport Services & Amenities