KCH Kuching Airport Info & Guide
Where is Kuching Airport?
Kuching, the capital and most populous city of the East Malaysian state of Sarawak, is small enough to explore on foot, yet interesting enough to keep you around for several days. Kuching makes for a good base to explore the Sarawak region.
Kuching International Airport (IATA: KCH, ICAO: WBGG), or simply Kuching Airport, is located south of central Kuching, in Kuching District, in Kuching Division, in Sarawak province, in Eastern Malaysia, Malaysia. It is sometimes referred to as KIA Airport, although this is not an official code. The airport is shared with the military.
In 2012, Kuching Airport served 4,186,523 passengers, making it the 4th busiest airport in Malaysia.
Airlines that fly to Kuching Airport include AirAsia, Hornbill Skyways, Malaysia Airlines, Tanjung, SilkAir, Tiger Airways and TransAsia Airways.
Destinations with flights to Kuching Airport include Balikpapan, Bandar Seri Begawan, Bintulu, Hong Kong, Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Manis, Miri, Mukah, Mulu, Penang, Pontianak, Sibu, Singapore, Taipei and Tanjung Manis.
Your best bet for a Kuching Airport transfer is a taxi. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Kuching Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Kuching Airport
As one of the two states in Malaysia which controls its own immigration autonomy, Sarawak exercises special regulation upon arriving and departing from all Sarawakian airports, including Kuching. All passengers travelling with any flights from outside Sarawak (including all flights from Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah, Federal Territory of Labuan and outside Malaysia), must pass through the immigration control at the first entry airport.
Ironically, the passport will be stamped once if foreigners are entering Sarawak directly with any flights from outside Malaysia, where else twice if entering Sarawak from Peninsular Malaysia or Sabah.
Official KCH Kuching Airport Website Links
More Kuching Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Kuching Airport Information
- Kuching Airport Distance to City Centre
- Kuching Airport Currency Exchange
- Kuching Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Kuching Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Kuching Airport Maps
- Kuching Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Kuching Airport Taxi Service
- Kuching Airport Onsite Hotels
- Kuching Airport Private Transfer Services
- Kuching Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Kuching Airport Location & Address
- Kuching Airport Train & Subway
- Kuching Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Kuching Airport Shuttle
- Kuching Airport Buses & Coaches
- Kuching Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Kuching Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Kuching Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Kuching Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Kuching Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to KCH Kuching Airport
- Kuching Airport Services & Amenities