Official Kuching Airport Taxi Service
Official Kuching Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the official Kuching Airport taxi service.
A taxi from Kuching Airport is about the only way to get into town.(Read More about Official Kuching Airport Taxis Below)
** Be aware that unofficial or pirate taxis operate at Kuching Airport and we have given them different safety recommendations as discussed below.
Official Kuching Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
From the Kuching Airport to Kuching City is about 20 minutes by taxi and it costs a fixed rate of MYR 26.
Drivers will also accept US Dollars.
Kuching Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Not required
Official Kuching Airport Taxi Details
Kuching Airport taxi photo
Kuching Airport taxis work on a coupon system and Kuching taxi tickets can be bought at the KCH Kuching International Airport Taxi Coupon Counter in the Arrivals hall.
- Advice on dealing with Kuching Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Kuching Airport taxi drivers.
Private Kuching Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Unofficial Kuching Airport Taxi Service or Hire Points
You may be approached by Kuching Airport taxi tours with price lists and apparently good deals, but stick with the official taxis for safety and potenital rip-offs.
IHateTaxis.com does not recommend the unofficial Kuching Airport taxi service.
Kuching Airport Taxi Scams
Taxis are somewhat expensive in Kuching. Although Kuching taxis are metered, the drivers seldom use the meter and normally they will charge you any fare they like. Confirm your destination and the price before stepping into the taxi.
Some cabs will tell you that there are no budget cabs available to try to convince you to take a premium taxi. Occasionally this is true, especially near midnight when the tariff jumps and cabs won't take jobs for half an hour or so before midnight.
Here are some Malaysian taxi scams to be aware of while in the city:
- Driver refuses to take you where you want (tip: don't tell the driver your destination before you get in the car)
- Driver refuses to turn the meter on and quotes a rate, usually high
- Driver refuses to make change (expect this, and carry small bills)
More Kuching Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Kuching Airport Information
- Kuching Airport Distance to City Centre
- Kuching Airport Currency Exchange
- Kuching Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Kuching Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Kuching Airport Maps
- Kuching Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Kuching Airport Taxi Service
- Kuching Airport Onsite Hotels
- Kuching Airport Private Transfer Services
- Kuching Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Kuching Airport Location & Address
- Kuching Airport Train & Subway
- Kuching Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Kuching Airport Shuttle
- Kuching Airport Buses & Coaches
- Kuching Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Kuching Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Kuching Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Kuching Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Kuching Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to KCH Kuching Airport
- Kuching Airport Services & Amenities