PEK Beijing Airport Info & Guide
Where is Beijing Airport? Beijing, capital of the world's most populous country, the People's Republic of China, has a history that goes back thousands of years.
Perhaps most notable was the Ming period, or Beijing's golden era. During this period, the Forbidden City and many other landmarks were built, and the city became the cultural and religious centre of Asia.
Beijing Capital International Airport (IATA: PEK, ICAO: ZBAA), or simply Beijing Capital Airport, in the Chaoyang district of Beijing, China. The airport's IATA code, PEK, comes from the capital city's former name, Peking.
Beijing Capital Airport is the city's primary airport and handles all international traffic. The city's other airport, Beijing Nanyuan Airport (NAY), handles all domestic traffic. NAY will close when a new Beijing Daxing International Airport opens in 2018..
The 2nd busiest airport in the world, after the USA's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Beijing Capital Airport served 77,403,668 passengers in 2011.
Among the numerous airlines that fly to Beijing Capital Airport, a sampling includes Aeroflot, Air Algérie, Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Alitalia, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta Air Lines, El Al, Ethiopian Airlines, Finnair, Iran Air, KLM, Lufthansa, Mega Maldives, Scandinavian Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Turkish Airlines and United Airlines.
On a typical day at PEK, you may see passengers arriving from Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Cairo, Chicago, Copenhagen, Doha, Dubai, Frankfurt, Islamabad, Istanbul, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, London, Macau, Manila, Moscow, New York, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, Siem Reap, Singapore, Tehran, Tokyo, Toronto, Vancouver, Vienna, Warsaw and Washington DC, to name just a few.
Your best bet for a Beijing Capital Airport transfer is a shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Beijing Capital Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Beijing Airport
Services at Beijing Capital Airport include:
- Dressing rooms equipped with mirrors, tables, chairs and hooks
- Hotel-like leisure places with single/standard rooms (hourly)
- BGS Premier Lounge (showers, fee) - Terminals 2 and 3 - RESERVE NOW
- Lounges (fee)
- Business centre
- Post office
- Kid activity zone
- Nursing room
- Luggage storage
- Free power charging stations
- Drinking water (purified water fountains with cups; syphon equipped fountains with hot, cold and icy water; full automatic electric water heaters)
Officials promise that products purchased at the airport are equal to prices as in central Beijing.
Official PEK Beijing Airport Website Links
More Beijing Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Beijing Airport Information
- Beijing Airport Distance to City Centre
- Beijing Airport Currency Exchange
- Beijing Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Beijing Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Beijing Airport Maps
- Beijing Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Beijing Airport Taxi Service
- Beijing Airport Onsite Hotels
- Beijing Airport Private Transfer Services
- Beijing Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Beijing Airport Location & Address
- Beijing Airport Train & Subway
- Beijing Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Beijing Airport Shuttle
- Beijing Airport Buses & Coaches
- Beijing Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Beijing Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Beijing Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Beijing Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Beijing Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to PEK Beijing Airport
- Beijing Airport Services & Amenities