ATH Athens Airport Info & Guide
Where is Athens Airport?
Ah, Athens, the birthplace of democracy. Greece's capital is a land of contrasts: the city oozes with history, while all around the modern world tries to take hold. Despite the current economic turmoil, the passion of the Greek people burns eternal. Paradox is everywhere. Don't fool yourself, travel to Athens can bring culture shock to even the most seasoned traveller. Yet, give it a chance, and the city and its people will capture your heart.
Athens International Airport (IATA: ATH, ICAO: LGAV), officially Elefthérios Venizélos Airport, or simply Athens Airport, is located 20 kilometres (12 miles) east of Athens city centre, in the Aticca region, Greece. ATH is situated between Koropi, Loutsa, Markopoulo and Spata towns, about 30 kilometres (19 miles) to the east of central Athens, by road. The airport is officially named for former Greek Prime Minister, Elefthérios Venizélos.
In 2012, Athens Airport served 12,944,041 passengers, making it the 33rd busiest airport in Europe.
A huge number of airlines fly to Athens Airport, including Aegean, Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air Baltic, Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Air Transat, Alitalia, British Airways, Bulgaria Air, Croatia Airlines, Cyprus Airways, Delta Air Lines, EasyJet, EgyptAir, El Al, Emirates, Germanwings, KLM, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Olympic Air, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, Scandinavian Airlines, Sky Express, Sky Wings, SunExpress, Turkish Airlines and US Airways, to name just a few.
In 2011, the top international destinations from Athens Airport were, in order, London, Larnaca, Paris, Rome, Munich, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Madrid, Netherlands, Amsterdam, Zurich, Brussels, New York, Doha, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Toronto, Bangkok, Philadelphia and Manama.
The top domestic destinations from Athens Airport in 2011 were Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Rhodes, Chania, Santorini, Mytilene, Corfu, Alexandroupolis, Mykonos, Cyclades and Kos.
Your best bet for an Athens Airport transfer is the metro. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Athens Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Official ATH Athens Airport Website Links
More Athens Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Athens Airport Information
- Athens Airport Distance to City Centre
- Athens Airport Currency Exchange
- Athens Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Athens Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Athens Airport Maps
- Athens Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Athens Airport Taxi Service
- Athens Airport Onsite Hotels
- Athens Airport Private Transfer Services
- Athens Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Athens Airport Location & Address
- Athens Airport Train & Subway
- Athens Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Athens Airport Shuttle
- Athens Airport Buses & Coaches
- Athens Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Athens Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Athens Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Athens Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Athens Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ATH Athens Airport
- Athens Airport Services & Amenities