Official Athens Airport Taxi Service
Official Athens Airport Taxi Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com has a mixed recommendation on the official Athens Airport taxi service.
A taxi is a convenient Athens airport transfer method, though it's a long drive and can be expensive. There are faster and cheaper Athens Airport transfer methods, such as the metro and bus.(Read More about Official Athens Airport Taxis Below)
Official Athens Airport Taxi Rates & Fares
Athens Airport has established flat fares for taxi service between the airport and what is referred to as the "Athens City Centre Inner Ring". The flat fare includes all applicable surcharges (you should not be asked to pay extra for luggage).
The daytime flat fare of EUR 35 applies 05:00-midnight. The night time flat fare of EUR 50 applies midnight-05:00.
The drive will take about 30 minutes.
Drivers may accept USD.
Athens Taxi Tipping Recommendation: Tipping optional, Round up to next bill/large coin
Official Athens Airport Taxi Details
Athens Airport taxi photo
Athens airport taxi service runs 24 hours a day. Just go to the taxi queue next to Exit 3 at the Athens Airport arrivals level.
According to Greek law, taxi drivers are required to give you a receipt, upon request, for the amount paid for Athens airport transportation services. The receipt should also indicate the taxi registration number and the driver's name.
- Advice on dealing with Athens Airport taxi drivers.
- Advice on avoiding potential disagreements with Athens Airport taxi drivers.
Private Athens Airport Transfer with Meet & Greet Service
Athens Airport Taxi Scams
Not a scam, per se, but this is one of the priciest cities in which catch a cab from the airport, by cost per kilometre/mile. In 2013, Athens Airport ranked #13 on The World’s 15 Most Expensive Taxi Rides From the Airport to a City, by Skift Travel IQ.
Ask Before Getting In
As a general rule when taking a Greek taxi, we recommend that you ask the driver the approximate price before you agree to the ride. There are, unfortunately, some drivers who might scam you if you are vulnerable. While taxi fares from the airport are fixed, you should still ask the fare, and reach agreement before proceeding.
Look for a scam where a small sign posted inside the cab that says it is a Greek Holiday and therefore rates are higher. While it is true for official holidays, this practice sometimes selectively appears for confused tourists on non-holidays.
Not In Front of Your Hotel
Be suspicious if a driver wants to drop you off at a location close to, but not in front of your hotel ("bad traffic", "hard to park", etc). Drivers who do this may be over charging you and don't want you to get the hotel management involved. Most hotels know the prices and will gladly help a guest who is in dispute with the driver.
More Athens Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Athens Airport Information
- Athens Airport Distance to City Centre
- Athens Airport Currency Exchange
- Athens Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Athens Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Athens Airport Maps
- Athens Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Athens Airport Taxi Service
- Athens Airport Onsite Hotels
- Athens Airport Private Transfer Services
- Athens Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Athens Airport Location & Address
- Athens Airport Train & Subway
- Athens Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Athens Airport Shuttle
- Athens Airport Buses & Coaches
- Athens Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Athens Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Athens Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Athens Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Athens Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ATH Athens Airport
- Athens Airport Services & Amenities