ATH Athens Airport Train Services
Athens Airport Train Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Athens Airport train service.
This is a relatively convenient and inexpensive form of Athens Airport transportation but you will need to determine how to get from the station to your final destination.
Athens Airport Train Details
Athens Airport train photo
The Athens Airport train station is a few minutes walk from the terminal upper level, near the Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel, via a walkway and moving sidewalk from the terminal. Just follow the signs. The Athens Metro shares the station.
The Proastiakos (Suburban Light Railway) connects Athens Airport to the Athens Central Railway Station (Larissis Station) and the port of Pireaus, where cruise ships depart from, making it easy to get from Athens Airport to Pireaus. The same service also connects the ATH airport to Kiato.
If you are going directly into Athens city centre, the Metro (below) is a more frequent and convenient method of Athens Airport transfer.
ATH Athens Airport Subway Services
Athens Airport Subway Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Athens Airport subway service.
Athens Metro is sleek and efficient, and very heavily used. Metro stations are modern and have good signage. Most stations are also equipped with elevators for passengers with disabilities. If you do not have too much luggage, the metro is a grea
Athens Airport Subway Rates & Fares
Athens Airport transfer via the Athens Metro requires a special ticket for about EUR 8. There are also two- and three-person one-way tickets available. You can transfer free to any other bus, trolley-bus or metro line within 90 minutes.
The return fare for use within 48 hours is about EUR 14. Be sure to validate your ticket before boarding for your return journey, as fines are high; there are no ticket validation machines on the trains.
ATH Athens Airport Subway Details
Athens Metro line 3 connects the city centre to the Athens Airport, using the same train station as urban trains (above) . Trains run every 30 minutes from 06:00-00:00 and take 40 minutes from/to city centre (Syntagma Square).
By the time you get into the heart of Athens, the train will be very full. Position yourself where you can remain with your luggage while not blocking seats. Wear a money belt and watch out for pickpockets; even experienced travellers can be foiled by Athens' skillful pickpocket teams on the Metro (as one IHateTaxis team member can attest!).
Travel Tip: Many ancient artefacts were discovered during the construction of the metro. These have been preserved and are on display at Monastiraki and Syntagma stations. These are excellent exhibitions and worth viewing if you have time.
More Athens Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Athens Airport Information
- Athens Airport Distance to City Centre
- Athens Airport Currency Exchange
- Athens Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Athens Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Athens Airport Maps
- Athens Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Athens Airport Taxi Service
- Athens Airport Onsite Hotels
- Athens Airport Private Transfer Services
- Athens Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Athens Airport Location & Address
- Athens Airport Train & Subway
- Athens Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Athens Airport Shuttle
- Athens Airport Buses & Coaches
- Athens Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Athens Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Athens Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Athens Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Athens Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ATH Athens Airport
- Athens Airport Services & Amenities