DPS Bali Denpasar Airport Info & Guide
Where is Bali Denpasar Airport?
Bali, the famed Island of the Gods, stakes a serious claim to be paradise on earth.
Offering world-class diving and surfing, great hiking, archaeological attractions, cultural activities and sandy beaches, Bali is one of the world's most popular destinations, Denpasar is the capital city of the Indonesian province of Bali.
Pardise, apparently, begins after you get away from the airport.
Bali Denpasar International Airport (IATA: DPS, ICAO: WADD), officially Ngurah Rai International Airport, also known as Ngurah Rai Airport, also known as Denpasar International Airport, Denspasar Airport, Bali International Airport or Bali Airport, is located in Tuban, between Kuta and Jimbaran, 13 kilometres (8 miles) south of the city of Denpasar, in the southern Bali region of the island of Bali, in Bali Province, Indonesia. The popular resort centre of Kuta is just 2.5 kilometres (1.5 miles) north of the airport. The airport is named after I Gusti Ngurah Rai, a National Hero who died in the Indonesian Revolution in 1946.
In 2011, Bali Airport served 12,780,563 passengers, and modifications are underway to increase the airport's capacity. DPS is Indonesia's 3rd busiest international airport, after Jakarta International Airport (CGK) and Surabaya International Airport (SUB).
Airlines to Bali include Aeroflot, Air New Zealand, AirAsia, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, China Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Lion Air, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai AirAsia, Thai Airways, Virgin Australia and Wings Air, to name just a few.
Cities with flights to Bali include Auckland, Badung, Bangkok, Brisbane, Doha, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Makassar, Manila, Melbourne, Moscow, Nagoya, Osaka, Perth, Seoul, Singapore, Surabaya, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo.
Your best bet for a Bali Denpasar Airport transfer is a bus. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Or, to truly arrive stress free, treat yourself to a private Bali Airport transfer from IHateTaxis.
Other Items of Interest at Bali Denpasar Airport
Bali Denpasar Airport services include:
- Luggage storage - International Terminal (floor 1)
- Prayer rooms - international Terminal (floors 1+2), Domestic Terminal (floors 1+2)
Unfortunately, Bali Denpasar Airport has a terrible reputation for poor signage. Specifically:
- No signage between terminals
- Old, incorrect signage still displayed
Official DPS Bali Denpasar Airport Website Links
More Bali Denpasar Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Bali Denpasar Airport Information
- Bali Denpasar Airport Distance to City Centre
- Bali Denpasar Airport Currency Exchange
- Bali Denpasar Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Bali Denpasar Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Bali Denpasar Airport Maps
- Bali Denpasar Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Bali Denpasar Airport Taxi Service
- Bali Denpasar Airport Onsite Hotels
- Bali Denpasar Airport Private Transfer Services
- Bali Denpasar Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Bali Denpasar Airport Location & Address
- Bali Denpasar Airport Train & Subway
- Bali Denpasar Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Bali Denpasar Airport Shuttle
- Bali Denpasar Airport Buses & Coaches
- Bali Denpasar Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Bali Denpasar Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Bali Denpasar Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Bali Denpasar Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Bali Denpasar Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to DPS Bali Denpasar Airport
- Bali Denpasar Airport Services & Amenities