HNL Honolulu Airport Information
Where is Honolulu Airport?
Honolulu International Airport (IATA: HNL, ICAO: PHNL), or Honolulu Airport is the gateway to Hawaii (Hawaiʻi), the 50th state of the United States, nicknamed the Aloha State. Honolulu Airport is situated just northwest of Honolulu city centre, just a short distance from the Waikiki tourist zone.
In 2011, Honolulu Airport handled 17,947,177 passengers, making it the 27th busiest airport in the United States. Sitting in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Honolulu Airport is host to international flights from North America, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Airlines serving Honolulu Airport include Air Canada, Air New Zealand, China Airlines, Delta, JAL, Korean, Qantas and United.
Hawaiian Airlines, the largest state-based airline, uses HNL as its hub, offering flights from Honolulu to the continental United States, Tahiti, Samoa, Australia and the Philippines, as well as between the Hawaiian Islands.
Honolulu's busiest international routes are Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Sydney and Auckland. Busiest out-of-state domestic routes from Honolulu Airport are Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Arizona and Chicago.
Distance from Honolulu Airport to City Centre or CBD
Internet at Honolulu Airport & WiFi Access
WiFi is available at the HNL Honolulu International Airport for a fee via Shaka Net. The fee is USD 6.95 for two hours, and USD 8.95 for a 24 hour plan.
- Be a smart traveller and be in the know about some Internet at Honolulu Airport WiFi Connection and Security tips before you connect
HNL Honolulu Airport Maps
Official HNL Honolulu International Airport Terminal 2nd Floor Map
Other Items of Interest at Honolulu Airport
Services at Honolulu Airport include:
- Computer workstations
- ReCharge Stations - 15 locations in former telephone areas
- Business centre
- FedEx box
- Mail boxes
- Post office adjacent to the airport - directly across from the Commuter Terminal, at 3600 Aolele Street
- Flower and lei kiosks
- Medical clinic
- Animal relief area
- Art and historical displays
- Free 'Wiki-Wiki' shuttle - runs between terminals, both outside and inside the secure areas
Honolulu International Airport offers travelers a pleasant break from their travels at several garden sites, including outdoor gardens past security. The Chinese, Hawaiian and Japanese Gardens were designed by Richard C. Tongg, FASLA, in 1962 when Honolulu International Airport was built on this site. The Gardens surround the Main Terminal Lobby and the Y Concourse of the airport. The C. B. Lansing Garden is located on the ground level of the Interisland Terminal near the walkway to the Main Terminal.
Honolulu Airport Departures and Arrivals Airlines
Closest Airports to HNL Honolulu Airport
Official HNL Honolulu Airport Website Links
More Honolulu Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Honolulu Airport Information
- Honolulu Airport Distance to City Centre
- Honolulu Airport Currency Exchange
- Honolulu Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Honolulu Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Honolulu Airport Maps
- Honolulu Airport Airline Companies
- Honolulu Airport Taxi Service
- Honolulu Airport Onsite Hotels
- Honolulu Airport Train & Subway
- Honolulu Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Honolulu Airport Shuttle
- Honolulu Airport Buses & Coaches
- Honolulu Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Honolulu Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Honolulu Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Honolulu Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Honolulu Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to HNL Honolulu Airport