YEG Edmonton Airport Info & Guide
Where is Edmonton Airport?
Known as the "Gateway to the North", Edmonton is a staging point for oil sands projects in northern Alberta, and diamond mining operations in the Northwest Territories.
As Alberta's capital, and the province's 2nd largest city, Edmonton is a governmental, educational and cultural centre. The city is famously home to North America's largest mall, West Edmonton Mall (it was the world's largest until 2004).
Edmonton International Airport (IATA: YEG, ICAO: CYEG), also referred to as Edmonton Airport, or simply EIA, is located near the city of Leduc, 26 kilometres (16 mi) south southwest of downtown Edmonton, in Leduc County, Alberta, Canada. While commonly referred to as EIA by locals, this is not an official IATA airport code.
In 2013, Edmonton Airport served 6,983,229 passengers.
Airlines that fly to EIA airport include Air Canada, Air North, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Canadian North, Central Mountain Air, Delta Air Lines, First Air, Icelandair, Integra Air, Northern Air, Northwestern Air, Sunwing Airlines, United Airlines, United Express, US Airways and WestJet.
Cities with flights to Edmonton Airport include Calgary, Cancún, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Houston, Huatulco, Kahului, Kelowna, Las Vegas, London, Manzanillo, Montego Bay, Montreal, New York, Orlando, Ottawa, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Regina, Reykjavik, San Francisco, San Jose del Cabo, Saskatoon, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Varadero, Victoria, Whitehorse, Winnipeg and Yellowknife.
In August 2013, Edmonton Airport was briefly featured on Amazing Race Canada.
Other Items of Interest at Edmonton Airport
Services at Edmonton Airport include:
- Business workstations - 4 by gate 49, 4 by gate 18
- Belgian Beer Cafe
- Baggage storage
- Play areas and hands-free video game stations
- Living Wall, arts corridor, public art installations
Look for a large mural by Canadian artist, Jack Shadbolt. Commissioned by the Canadian government in 1963, "Bush Pilot in Northern Sky" was appraised in 2005 at $750,000. A restoration of the mural was undertaken in 2007.
Official YEG Edmonton Airport Website Links
Official YEG Edmonton Airport Twitter Feed
More Edmonton Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Edmonton Airport Information
- Edmonton Airport Distance to City Centre
- Edmonton Airport Currency Exchange
- Edmonton Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Edmonton Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Edmonton Airport Maps
- Edmonton Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Edmonton Airport Taxi Service
- Edmonton Airport Onsite Hotels
- Edmonton Airport Private Transfer Services
- Edmonton Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Edmonton Airport Location & Address
- Edmonton Airport Train & Subway
- Edmonton Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Edmonton Airport Shuttle
- Edmonton Airport Buses & Coaches
- Edmonton Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Edmonton Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Edmonton Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Edmonton Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Edmonton Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to YEG Edmonton Airport
- Edmonton Airport Services & Amenities