YVR Vancouver Airport by Foot
Vancouver Airport is located quite far from anywhere of interest and therefore walking is not recommended.
YVR Vancouver Airport by Bike
Cycling is a excellent alternative from the Vancouver Airport. Several bike lanes exist from the Vancouver Airport into both Richmond and Vancouver. Richmond is very flat, so cycling is quite easy. Additional routes exist into Vancouver and beyond.
Bikes are also welcome on public buses (maximum 2 per bus) at no additional charge.
Cycling Route Maps.
Other YVR Vancouver Airport Ground Transportation
Although it sounds ironic, you can take a plane from the Vancouver Airport! These are little puddle-jumper planes to Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, and Whistler available at the South Terminal.
The free South Terminal Shuttle connects passengers between the YVR's International and Domestic Terminals and the YVR Airport South Terminal.
Here's how the YVR Airport South Terminal Shuttle works:
- Shuttle buses run 3 times an hour
- Shuttles operate 06:30-18:30 weekdays (slightly modified on weekends/holidays)
- There is no charge for this courtesy shuttle service
- Pick-up at International Terminal: Arrivals Level 2 at Bus Bay 1
- Pick-up at Domestic Terminal: Arrivals Level 2, exit Door F
- Pick-up at South Terminal: meet inside the terminal, near the baggage carousel
- More Information on Transfers to YVR Airport South Terminal
- South Terminal Shuttle Bus Schedule
Disabled Facilities at the YVR Vancouver Airport
The Vancouver Airport has comprehensive facilities for disabled travellers, catering to people with sight, sound and mobility disabilities. All public areas of the Terminal buildings are wheelchair accessible.
Airline check-in and service counters have a volume controlled amplified handset system to assist people hearing an agent in a noisy environment. Counters are also specially designed with writing surfaces and toe clearances for persons using wheelchairs.
There are TTY phones located in all areas, wayfinding for people with visual impairments or who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The Terminal Buildings are equipped with low mounted courtesy phones connected directly to the Operations Desk where staff can identify the users’ location by the phone unit and therefore give users detailed directions or send a green coat volunteer to assist if required.
More Vancouver Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Vancouver Airport Information
- Vancouver Airport Distance to City Centre
- Vancouver Airport Currency Exchange
- Vancouver Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Vancouver Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Vancouver Airport Maps
- Vancouver Airport Airline Companies
- Vancouver Airport Taxi Service
- Vancouver Airport Onsite Hotels
- Vancouver Airport Train & Subway
- Vancouver Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Vancouver Airport Shuttle
- Vancouver Airport Buses & Coaches
- Vancouver Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Vancouver Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Vancouver Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Vancouver Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Vancouver Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to YVR Vancouver Airport