ARN Public Arlanda Airport Bus Transfers
Arlanda Airport Public Bus Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Arlanda Airport public bus.
The Arlanda Airport bus is a fairly cheap and convenient mode of transportation, though Arlanda Airport shuttles are more direct and competitively priced.
Arlanda Airport Public Bus Fares & Payment
Arlanda Airport bus fares vary according to routes.
Buy your Arlanda Airport bus ticket before you board:
- Arlanda Visitor Centre in Terminal 5 or at other Information desks in Terminals 2 and 4
- Self-service ticket machines are available at bus stops at Terminals 2, 4 and 5
Arlanda Airport Public Bus Details
Arlanda Airport public bus photo
The Stockholm Arlanda Airport is well served by public buses, operated by Storstockolms Lokaltrafik (SL), the public transportation of greater Stockholm. At busy times of the day, Arlanda Airport bus services between ARN Airport and Stockholm are scheduled to run at 10 minutes intervals (but leave ample time, as we have heard this is not always the case). Outside the terminals of T2, T4 and T5 are numbered bus stops. Signs indicate destinations clearly.
Bus No. 538 runs to Rotebro via Rosersberg, Östra, Upplands and Väsby. Buses leave from bus stop 15 at the airport.
Bus No. 583/583X runs to Märsta (about 15 minutes), where you can hop on the Commuter Train to Stockholm Central Station;. Total time is about 60-65 min. The total fare is SEK 60, but no cash tickets are sold on the train. This route is not very economical and is quite time consuming.
Bus No. 589 to Östra Steninge runs from the airport to Östra Steninge about every 30-60 minutes. Fare is SEK 90.
Bus No. 592 runs at night, but is rather pointless for service into Stockholm city centre, as it circles the northern suburbs, making the trip about 90 minutes.
Bus No. 593 is a local bus that, while time consuming, is a possibility at 03:40 when nothing else is running (or have a nap in the terminal).
Buses No. 647/806/807 to Nortälje leave the airport running Monday to Friday, every hour. Buses leave from terminal 5 and the fare is SEK 90.
Regional Bus Service
Bus No. 801 to Uppsala is operated by Upplands Lokaltrafik (UL), a regional public transport company . The service operates via Knivsta and leaves Stockholm Arlanda Airport every hour during peak traffic. Fare is SEK 90 with travel time being around 30 - 35 minutes.
Bus UL803 to Enköping leaves the Arlanda Stockholm Airport Monday to Friday every 30 to 60 minutes and the fare is SEK 90.
Flygturen bus to Västerås leaves the Stockholm Airport Arlanda Monday to Friday. The fare is SEK 200.
Arlanda Airport Bus Schedule Planner
Private ARN Arlanda Airport Bus Transfers
More Arlanda Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Arlanda Airport Information
- Arlanda Airport Distance to City Centre
- Arlanda Airport Currency Exchange
- Arlanda Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Arlanda Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Arlanda Airport Maps
- Arlanda Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Arlanda Airport Taxi Service
- Arlanda Airport Onsite Hotels
- Arlanda Airport Private Transfer Services
- Arlanda Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Arlanda Airport Location & Address
- Arlanda Airport Train & Subway
- Arlanda Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Arlanda Airport Shuttle
- Arlanda Airport Buses & Coaches
- Arlanda Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Arlanda Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Arlanda Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Arlanda Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Arlanda Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ARN Arlanda Airport
- Arlanda Airport Services & Amenities