ARN Arlanda Airport Info & Guide
Where is Arlanda Airport? ARN Arlanda Airport (IATA: ARN, ICAO: ESSA) is an international airport located in the Sigtuna Municipality of Sweden, near the town of Märsta, 37 kilometres (23 miles) north of Stockholm, and nearly 40 kilometres (25 miles), by road, south-east of Uppsala.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport is the largest airport in Sweden, and is the major gateway for international air travel in Sweden. Arlanda Stockholm Airport was used by 19 million passengers in 2011, with 14 million international passengers and 5 million domestic. Stockholm Arlanda Airport is the largest and busiest of all three major airports in the Stockholm City metropolitan area, Stockholm Bromma (BMA) and Stockholm Skavsta (NYO) being the two other airports.
At the entrance to the ARN Airport is the Jumbo Hostel, a Boeing 747 rebuilt as a hostel/hotel. Scandinavian Airlines SAS has its head office nearby. The Oxford Aviation Academy has a flight simulator centre for some of the most common airliners of today (like Boeing 737) at Arlanda.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport has four terminals. Terminals 2 and 5 are used for international flights. Domestic flights are in Terminals 3 and 4. Shopping and services are located in SkyCity.
At Stockholm Arlanda Airport you travel free of charge on transfer buses within the airport area. They take you between terminals, to hotels at the airport, to the airport’s long-term parking areas, or to the Arlanda Airport car rental offices.
Other Items of Interest at Arlanda Airport
Services at Arlanda Stockholm Airport include:
- If you want to surprise someone with an extra special reception, VIP services can be booked
- Business and executive lounges (Terminal 5)
- Conference & Business Centre (Skycity)
- Copying, printing, fax services (Terminal 5)
- Hairdresser (Skycity)
- Dog hotel (nearby, 2km)
- Photobooth (Terminal 5)
- Drycleaning (Skycity)
- Baggage and clothing storage services
- Play areas located in Terminals 4 and 5
- Pharmacy (Skycity)
- Key service: Hand in your car key and entry slip free of charge to customer services for free safekeeping during your trip; you can even pre-arrange for someone else to pick up your car (ID required)
- Stockholm Hall of Fame: portraits hang in the arrival halls in Terminal 5 and Terminal 2
- Aviation exhibitions - on the airport property, limited hours
IHateTaxis.com Tip: Are you are a aviation enthusiast eager to see airplanes land and take off from right up close? If so, include a visit the viewpoint on the hill at Lake Halmsjön while you are in Stockholm. There is a large rain shelter with seating on the hill. On the other side of the lake, you can also find a small beach area if you feel like a swim.
Official ARN Arlanda Airport Website Links
More Arlanda Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Arlanda Airport Information
- Arlanda Airport Distance to City Centre
- Arlanda Airport Currency Exchange
- Arlanda Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Arlanda Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Arlanda Airport Maps
- Arlanda Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Arlanda Airport Taxi Service
- Arlanda Airport Onsite Hotels
- Arlanda Airport Private Transfer Services
- Arlanda Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Arlanda Airport Location & Address
- Arlanda Airport Train & Subway
- Arlanda Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Arlanda Airport Shuttle
- Arlanda Airport Buses & Coaches
- Arlanda Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Arlanda Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Arlanda Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Arlanda Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Arlanda Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to ARN Arlanda Airport
- Arlanda Airport Services & Amenities