EDI Public Edinburgh Airport Bus Transfers
Edinburgh Airport Public Bus Recommendations
IHateTaxis.com recommends the Edinburgh Airport public bus.
Buses are regular and an easy, cheap and convenient mode of ground transport.
Edinburgh Airport Public Bus Fares & Payment
Fares vary depending on destination area.
Edinburgh Airport Public Bus Details
Edinburgh Airport public bus photo
Edinburgh Airport bus stops are at stand 19 on the terminal forecourt road outside the UK Arrivals hall. Other buses stop at the east end of the arrival area from the bus shelters. Timetables are available at the stops.
Airlink Express Service 100 runs from EDI Edinburgh Airport to the city centre every day between 04:45 and 00:22. This Edinburgh Airport bus runs at least every 10 minutes at peak times through the day until 00:22. Travel time is around 25-35 minutes and tickets can be bought from the kiosk next to the Airlink bus stop, the airport information desk at the International Arrivals Hall or on the bus.
Fares on Airlink Express are:
|Adult single||GBP 3.50|
|Adult open return||GBP 6|
|Child single||GBP 2|
|Child open return||GBP 3|
Lothian Bus also operate No 35 to the city centre and Ocean Terminal. Buses depart EDI Edinburgh Airport around 3-4 times an hour until 23:02. This is a longer route to the city centre and then onto Ocean Terminal. Time can be saved by changing at the Gyle Centre and hopping on to service 12 to the city.
Lothian's Night Bus Services No 22 service runs to the city every 10 minutes at peak hours throughout the day. It runs every 30 minutes from 00:47 until 04:13 and stops at Waverley Steps with a journey time of around 30 minutes and then on to Ocean Terminal. Fare is GBP 3 for a night ticket which allows you to transfer to other Nightbus services.
Stagecoachbus Airdirect 747 connects EDI Edinburgh Airport with Inverkeithing rail station and Ferrytoll Park and Ride (for connections to megabus services). This service runs Monday to Saturday every 20 minutes (hourly on Sundays) with a journey time of 20 minutes. Tickets for this service can be purchased from the bus driver when boarding the bus. You can travel to/from any bus stop between Inverkeithing Station, Ferrytoll and the Forth Road Bridge (north end) to/from Edinburgh Airport.
|Adult single||GBP 4.50|
|Adult open return||GBP 4.50|
|Child single||GBP 2.25|
|Child open return||GBP 2.25|
Up to two children under the age of 5 per paying adult can travel free on this service and National Concession Cards are accepted.
Edinburgh Airport Bus Schedule Planner
Private EDI Edinburgh Airport Bus Transfers
More Edinburgh Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Edinburgh Airport Information
- Edinburgh Airport Distance to City Centre
- Edinburgh Airport Currency Exchange
- Edinburgh Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Edinburgh Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Edinburgh Airport Maps
- Edinburgh Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Edinburgh Airport Taxi Service
- Edinburgh Airport Onsite Hotels
- Edinburgh Airport Private Transfer Services
- Edinburgh Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Edinburgh Airport Location & Address
- Edinburgh Airport Train & Subway
- Edinburgh Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Edinburgh Airport Shuttle
- Edinburgh Airport Buses & Coaches
- Edinburgh Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Edinburgh Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Edinburgh Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Edinburgh Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Edinburgh Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to EDI Edinburgh Airport
- Edinburgh Airport Services & Amenities