EDI Edinburgh Airport Info & Guide
Where is Edinburgh Airport?
Edinburgh is Scotland's capital and its 2nd largest city. Located in the south-east of Scotland, Edinburgh lies on the east coast of the Central Belt, along the Firth of Forth, near the North Sea.
Edinburgh is both a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the world's first UNESCO City of Literature. The city hosts many world-class festivals each year, is considered one of the world's most beautiful cities, and often named one of the best places to live.
Edinburgh International Airport (IATA: EDI, ICAO: EGPH), or simply Edinburgh Airport, is situated in the suburb of Turnhouse, 9.3 kilometres (5.8 miles) west of the City of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom.
In 2012, Edinburgh Airport served 9,195,061 passengers, making it the busiest in Scotland and the 6th busiest airport in the United Kingdom.
Airlines that fly to Edinburgh Airport include Aer Lingus, Air Canada Rouge, Air France, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, BMI Regional, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, easyJet, Flybe, Germanwings, Jet2.com, KLM, Lufthansa, Minoan Air, Ryanair, Scandinavian Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic Little Red and Vueling.
The busiest routes to Edinburgh Airport are Amsterdam, Bristol, Birmingham, Dublin, Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, New York, Palma de Mallorca, Paris and Southampton.
Just a few of the other cities with flights to Edinburgh Airport include Athens, Belfast, Berlin, Cancun, Cardiff, Corfu, Cork, Dubrovnik, Ibiza, Isle of Man, Istanbul, Kraków, Lisbon, Marrakesh, Milan, Nice, Orlando, Oslo, Reykjavik, Rhodes, Sharm el-Sheikh, Toronto and Venice.
Your best bet for a Edinburgh Airport transfer is the shuttle. Details on all options are included in this guide.
Other Items of Interest at Edinburgh Airport
EDI was voted Europe’s Most Welcoming Airport 2012 in an independent poll of passengers conducted by Skyscanner, a travel website.
Services at Edinburgh Airport include:
- Mobile app
- Executive Lounge (fee)
- Power plug sockets - before security (Caffè Nero, 1st floor) and after security (WHSmith Café, near Gate 16)
- Shop and Collect
- Massage - opposite gate 10
- Art gallery - near Gate 9
- Prayer room
- Capital Magazine - download the latest copy
Official EDI Edinburgh Airport Website Links
Official EDI Edinburgh Airport Twitter Feed
More Edinburgh Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Edinburgh Airport Information
- Edinburgh Airport Distance to City Centre
- Edinburgh Airport Currency Exchange
- Edinburgh Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Edinburgh Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Edinburgh Airport Maps
- Edinburgh Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Edinburgh Airport Taxi Service
- Edinburgh Airport Onsite Hotels
- Edinburgh Airport Private Transfer Services
- Edinburgh Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Edinburgh Airport Location & Address
- Edinburgh Airport Train & Subway
- Edinburgh Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Edinburgh Airport Shuttle
- Edinburgh Airport Buses & Coaches
- Edinburgh Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Edinburgh Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Edinburgh Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Edinburgh Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Edinburgh Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to EDI Edinburgh Airport
- Edinburgh Airport Services & Amenities